Merge coming soon?

kfried001 said:
I live in AZ and think a merger would be good. As an E* sub I could consildate my second D* receiver for NFL Ticket HD, two additional HD locals, ones which play the Diamondbacks, also FOX Sprots AZ would be in HD, D* would bring a lot of sports to the otherwise movie centric E*.

D* of course would need to maintain control of technology.
I would have to say if that happend... shoot me, drag my body out to the middle of no where, light me on fire... and then piss on me.... other then that sounds great... D* is horrible and E* at least stands up for the customers... E* equitment is better by far (seeing D* still uses mpeg 1.5 or something like that) also the types of switches E* uses BETTER!! ... i hope the merger doesnt go threw, if any of u feel the same way let me know... or if u think i have no clue wat im talkin about im just sayin all this because bla bla bla... w/e dont really care... but if in the SMALLEST chance it does happen PLEASE GOD (im agnostic) make sure charley is still in charge.

Last edited:
kfried001 said:
D* of course would need to maintain control of technology.
So we could have their non functioning MPEG4 DVR, and have all of our HD channels converted to HD-Lite. I've been really happy with my E* and want nothing to do with D*.

NTS just laid a fiber optic line less than 100' from my house, if Rupert takes over Dish I'm outa here.

E might lead next year but D will next year if they add all that content that they said that they would from those new satellite launches.