Merry Dishmas

Status
Please reply by conversation.

olliec420

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 4, 2007
Pensacola, FL
Ok so when i started this hobby in 2007, i lived at my dads house and had somethings setup but it was a pain in the ass the way everything was laid out. Well i had superdish mod in the yard and a 31 skytech in the yard and used another 31 skytech at my friends house but he wasnt in to the hobby i just kinda did that on old tv out back and they had another tv out back for football and we all got drunk and thats how i learned lol. I was collecting a lot of dishes then and then i left them at my dads, i been busy with main job and 2 side businesses and never did anything with fta and now after using the microhd, i realize the receivers were not getting everything. now i closed the 2 side businesses (major money hit which is no good but whatever) and have more time and been having a lot of fun scanning.

My dads yard had gotten outa control there for a while and the dishes were covered in vines and wasps and all that good stuff so i said forget about it. Well he had the whole yard redone lately and i just got back from there and i got the dishes. looks like some mods might be coming in the near future. what do you think of my recently re-found collection?
photo 2.JPGphoto 1.JPGphoto 3.JPG

Last edited:
HA nah shipping would be too much, i'll just toss them ;P

if im not mistaken, the d* world lnb is vertical only?
primestar has an output for h & v?
i used the super dish before so i know how that bandstacked works

The Primestar 84e (?) and DirecTV World Direct dishes should be very nice if used with their matching Feedhorns.
Unfortunately, some members have reported in other threads that modern LNBFs with non-optimal Feedhorns outperform the old LNBs.
Would be interesting to see your results.

(I'm looking into a way to graft the SatAV PLL to custom Feedhorns)

edit: look at the part number on the World dish lnb
it's probably vert&horiz

i believe it is an 84e, Cantore is on his way here for the storms.... thats never good, might be blown away tmw :confused:

let me know if you have any developments with the pll customs!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts