message 727 on ch 206

Status
Please reply by conversation.

andrewim

Original poster
Aug 4, 2008
Hey guys we are getting msg 727 on espn 206 getting full signal the channel was working last night. Any ideas??

Ian

I can't see where you are located but 727 means 'black out' restrictions often times. It could either be an 'also run' program or a 'competitive' program. Are you in the Oklahoma or Washington markets? Does your local network have any local Big 12/Pac 10 competition playing right now on a different channel?

if 206 is getting the blackout msg its because another provider in you area has the broadcast rights for that game being shown in your area; namely the local affiliate or RSN

Hey guys thanks for all you input. It was because the Ducks were in 2/OT on ABC in my market. About 5 mins after the game was over it came on.It was because of
ESPN's blackout.

Hey guys thanks for all you input. It was because the Ducks were in 2/OT on ABC in my market. About 5 mins after the game was over it came on.It was because of
ESPN's blackout.
You've got that mixed up, it's NOT ESPN that did the blackout, it is the rules from the station that it WAS on in the clear on.
They have the rights to it, so when ESPN showed the game, your zip code kicked it out because you can watch it elsewhere.
RSN probably.
I get that alot during Hockey season with the Red Wings when they are suppose to be on ESPN and they are also on FSN Detroit, FSN D has the rights so ESPN is blacked out.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts