Message on Guide " Soon you will be able to view on single dish..."

asmcbride

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 20, 2005
WV/VA
I have a few channels on my guide that are on a separate satellite for my DC area locals. I have never been able to get these channels because they are broadcast on a different satellite that I never had installed (129 I think). Just the other day I noticed on the guide that it now says "These channels will soon be available on a single dish." Anyone have any input on this change? Thanks in advance.

McBride

No, you'll get the 61.5 must-carry locals on your 110 satellite feed as soon as a couple of weeks when E10 goes operational at the 110 slot. You don't need a dish pointed at 129 and those channels were never on 129 to begin with.

[EDIT]: The estimated launch date for the wing must-carry locals to go live on 110 is now April 31, not March 31 or April 1 as previously forecasted. So you'll have to wait about a month or so before you get the wing locals on 110.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure that these will work there way over to the Dish 500 slots (110 or 119) and not a Dish 1000. Dish1000 does not work well in the DC location.

SummitAdvantageRetailer said:
It depends on where you live. Washington, DC locals DMA and higher up in the Northeastern US will need 61.5 for the HD locals.

Dish Tech Support told me a couple of weeks ago that they didn't know if the local HD's in the Washington DC DMA would remain at 61.5 or move. I was told to call back after April 1st to find out for sure.

Do you know for sure that they will remain on 61.5? :confused:

animalhouse said:
Dish Tech Support told me a couple of weeks ago that they didn't know if the local HD's in the Washington DC DMA would remain at 61.5 or move. I was told to call back after April 1st to find out for sure.

Do you know for sure that they will remain on 61.5? :confused:

OK.... So I'm quoting myself, but I have an update. I called Dish Tech Support this morning and BADA BING ... the Washington DC local HD's will REMAIN on 61.5. Which means that I am having another dish installed to pick up the local HD's on 61.5 (live too far out in the sticks to get good reception via an OTA antenna).

So all you "know it alls" out there can tell me I told you so. :p

So now I am guessing that the Tech will/should remove the 129 LNB (not required for Dish HD metal package?) and install the new dish/LNB pointed at 61.5. Therefore freeing up a cable to use for the 61.5 reception. It would (if possible) eliminate the need for a DP444 and an additional cable.

BTW...NO CHARGE. :D

Thanks for the info. As I may be moving soon, I may insist on the 61.5 dish, vice the 1000. When my ViP622 was installed, he put up a 1000. Couldn't get 129- trees, probably. He then took the 129 LNB off the 1000 and put it on the 61.5 dish. Works fine, but could've aimed better. Not sure whether to make an issue of it, since I may move soon. Of course, if I stay, I'll have to call. Better than aiming it myself. BTW, he cascaded 2 DP34s.

D-1000

Hi.. I'm STILL in the learning process on this FTA Can anyone Enlightem Me on this "D"-1000 Dish Network, I did a Sat. Download last Nite,(on 1A7 129W) and this was all it found that WASN't Sub/Or Scrambled Had One Photo on Screen, Says <> "CONGRADULATIONS You now have D-1000 System", W/Music playing What is this?? :confused: mAny Info App. Thanks Guys Larry KF4LKU

Larry D. said:
Hi.. I'm STILL in the learning process on this FTA Can anyone Enlightem Me on this "D"-1000 Dish Network, I did a Sat. Download last Nite,(on 1A7 129W) and this was all it found that WASN't Sub/Or Scrambled Had One Photo on Screen, Says <> "CONGRADULATIONS You now have D-1000 System", W/Music playing What is this?? :confused: mAny Info App. Thanks Guys Larry KF4LKU
It has nothing to do with FTA.

It tells LEGAL E* subscribers that they have the 129 bird.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)