Meter for broadband (hughsnet)

trebehj

Original poster
Apr 2, 2008
I am contemplating becoming an installer for broadband. I currently have a Birdog 3.0 and am wondering if it will work on this system. Everything seems to point to yes but I am wondering if there is someone out there that actually uses them in the field and is having luck with it...
Thanks!!

I am contemplating becoming an installer for broadband. I currently have a Birdog 3.0 and am wondering if it will work on this system. Everything seems to point to yes but I am wondering if there is someone out there that actually uses them in the field and is having luck with it...
Thanks!!

Me personally I have never had any luck with my birdog locking onto any of the hughesnet fleet. For ku birds a laptop will prove invaluable for checking signal & isolation, for the ka bird, only a dapt & squinter will work. On ku birds even if you get your birdog to lock you still have to check acp & isolation. IMO a birdog is not a useful tool for hughesnet or WB.

Also a dapt will work with the ku birds as well. It will be the only tool you will need. But what I do is a wireless router on the modem and take my laptop to the dish. Saves time by not having to walk back in an turning the acp on.

I just got certified for Hughes, the DAPT is the only thing you will need besides an analog meter to find the bird then the DAPT to fine tune it. Correct me if I am wrong.

For gen 4, you can use wireless router + tablet or smart phone to point dish. Dapt is not required, unless you're too far from the wireless.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Concur, iPhone and iPad worked fine with mine. The iPad is a little clumsier to hang onto while your hands are busy, but the numbers on the screen can be seen better.

//greg//

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)