Mets Fan About to Give Up

cjwct

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 2, 2006
Glastonbury, CT
Buster Olney is reporting that the Mets are in negotiations to trade for Andruw Jones to play right field (which conversely means Church would probably be part of the deal).

HOW THE HELL CAN THE WILPONS AND MINAYA JUSTIFY THIS DEAL WHEN ADAM DUNN IS STILL OUT THERE . . . AND OH YEAH, RAMIREZ!!!!!!

I am giving up before the season starts if they follow through with this . . . this is ridiculous!!!!!!

Buster's reporting it but might not happen. I agree when I saw the story I was flabbergasted. I hope he doesn't come here but I think I remember him saying he like New York. For now, Omar and Co., don't worry about Andrew Jones get Derek Lowe signed!!!!

Makes no sense whatsoever . . . Minaya can outbid anyone on Dunn and we don't even open up talks with him . . . what the hell???? But we'll seriously consider Andruw Fatso Jones and his 150 average from last season as opposed to a consistent 40 homerun hitter for several of the past seasons!

IF this deal goes through, I am sending my tickets back!

Last edited:
Easy Cowboy.

Besides, I just don't understand the fascination with Dunn. He consistently leads the league in strikeouts and can't play a lick of defense.

yes you are correct about the strikeouts, but when you have to swing at every pitch in the lineups he has been in, you expect that . . . batting after wright and/or beltran or some other combination, I'd expect productivity . . .

career #'s:
career on-base is .381
fielding percentage is .975

Buster's reporting it but might not happen. I agree when I saw the story I was flabbergasted. I hope he doesn't come here but I think I remember him saying he like New York. For now, Omar and Co., don't worry about Andrew Jones get Derek Lowe signed!!!!

Wait a minute,
Not so fast my friend ...
Who says you get Derek Lowe ?

Jimbo

I just heard that the Mets were in discussions with Derek Lowe. Nothing final. As a Mets fan, I'm going to root for anyone who could make the team better.

Happy Birthday to Tiger Woods & LeBron James

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts