Mets In Sd????????

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cjwct

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 2, 2006
Glastonbury, CT
Lo and behold, I just turned on the Mets-Padres game and its in SD?????? WTF????? As of late, HD quality and SD quality appears to be down and now this . . . SNY advertised all last year that all road games will be in HD and now this is the 3rd game in SD this season!

The other posts were about when two teams are in the same market. Dish does not have YES network, so they're not choosing Mets or Yankees in HD, so I doubt that is it as well! The SNYHD Channel is not even listing the game tonight!

I was not referring to all the posts, just a few. Boston with NESN has no other team in their market, nor does Pittsburgh or Arizona. There were also similar posts dealing with NBA and NHL games. Tends to lead to bandwidth issues, not numerous games within a small area.

Yeah except that the NHL season is over, and the NBA is in Finals which means Network broadcast, no RSNs. I don't see a Bandwidth saturation that would prevent the SNY HD from being transmitted.

Glad you mentioned NBA FInals 'cuz every 3-5 minutes here on 008-00 wtnh (CT ABC), THERE ARE AUDIO DROPOUTS . . . wonder if thats the feed or Dish

Lo and behold, I just turned on the Mets-Padres game and its in SD?????? WTF????? As of late, HD quality and SD quality appears to be down and now this . . . SNY advertised all last year that all road games will be in HD and now this is the 3rd game in SD this season!

I can guarantee you that the game was available in HD. It's Dish's fault for not broadcasting it.

I can guarantee you that the game was available in HD. It's Dish's fault for not broadcasting it.
Ok...Now hear this.....Unless the Mets/SNY are at considerable expense ,traveling with all their own equipment, trucks uplink equipment, etc, most likley the road games are being broadcast by local people using the home team's production. Therefore there is no guarantee that every game is being produced in Hi Def.
I wish for once those who are in charge would spell this out to the consumer.
Just because they don't use words such as "guarantee' or other word calling for an absolute doesn't let them off the hook. When they make statements like "all road games on SNY will be in hi def" they shpould be using disclaimers in plain English that indicate "subject to change"...
This would go a long way to keeping HD customers off the phone...

Game was in HD in SNY. It was on Cablevision. So why not on Dish? I do not watch it anymore on Dish since it is just non-sense that they do this.

This is how HD RSNs work on 129:

Only eight HD RSNs can be active: six on tp 8 and two on tp 27.

I'm not sure about 61.5, but I'd imagine it works in a similar fashion.

Due to availability/bandwidth problems, there is no all HD yet. I am not sure about DirecTV because I don't know how they work these days.

Ok...Now hear this.....Unless the Mets/SNY are at considerable expense ,traveling with all their own equipment, trucks uplink equipment, etc, most likley the road games are being broadcast by local people using the home team's production. Therefore there is no guarantee that every game is being produced in Hi Def.
I wish for once those who are in charge would spell this out to the consumer.
Just because they don't use words such as "guarantee' or other word calling for an absolute doesn't let them off the hook. When they make statements like "all road games on SNY will be in hi def" they shpould be using disclaimers in plain English that indicate "subject to change"...
This would go a long way to keeping HD customers off the phone...

OK, once again, the game was broadcast in HD, as has EVERY game (home AND road) SNY has covered this season. Your "beef" is with Dish, NOT SNY. I can't put this any clearer than that.

OK, once again, the game was broadcast in HD, as has EVERY game (home AND road) SNY has covered this season. Your "beef" is with Dish, NOT SNY. I can't put this any clearer than that.
are you sure EVERY game had been in HD save the one in question? If so I see no reason for such vociferous complaining. Is it not possible that Dish had a technical issue? Or is it not?
If you are so sure of this, how is it so earth shattering that ONE game not shown in HD could be so dreadful? If it is the first occurance of this, then obviously there was a good reason.
Please tell me you are not thinking that Dish just arbitrarily decided not to show the HD broadcast.
I am not trying to argue. I am curoius as to whether you exlored the possibility of a technical issue.
"The world in an imperfect place. Screws fall out all the time"..... Judd Nelson as John Bender in "The Breakfast Club".
DO me a favor, check on tonight's game and post back. Thanks.

This is how HD RSNs work on 129:

Only eight HD RSNs can be active: six on tp 8 and two on tp 27.

I'm not sure about 61.5, but I'd imagine it works in a similar fashion.

Due to availability/bandwidth problems, there is no all HD yet. I am not sure about DirecTV because I don't know how they work these days.

Only 5 HD RSN's can be active at one time on 61.5

are you sure EVERY game had been in HD save the one in question?

If memory serves, that was actually the 4th time this season I've seen Dish fail to fire up the HD channel for SNY.

As for the Mets...Ollie Perez back on the mound tonight...Wonder if he can get out of the first w/o giving up another half-dozen. :rolleyes:

are you sure EVERY game had been in HD save the one in question?

Yes. 100% sure.

If so I see no reason for such vociferous complaining.

I'm not the one who complained about this. Actually, I could care less.

Is it not possible that Dish had a technical issue? Or is it not?

Yes, it's called limited bandwith. And that is exactly the reason the game was not shown on Dish in HD.

If you are so sure of this, how is it so earth shattering that ONE game not shown in HD could be so dreadful? If it is the first occurance of this, then obviously there was a good reason.

Again, I'm not the one who complained about this so I don't know why you are directing these comments to me. Like I said, I could care less. I'm was just responding to your comment (and correcting said comment) that SNY might not be living up to their "every game in HD" claim when they are.

Please tell me you are not thinking that Dish just arbitrarily decided not to show the HD broadcast.

That's exactly what they did. Again the reason, limited bandwith. This is not the first time Dish has done this. This is the 4th time with SNY games. Who knows how many times they've done it with other RSN's.

The Boston Red Sox-Seattle Mariner game is in SD only today (Sunday) on NESN. I assume it's the same problem-lack of bandwidth?:mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)