Metv and FMC launched today

Here are the official announcements for MeTV and FMC.

For satellite customers, if you get MeTV as a LIL channel, you will get a 727 blackout message on channel 77 and GameSearch will try to locate your local MeTV station.

Reactions: Scott Greczkowski
IMG_0432.jpeg

Reactions: Nate.O’Brien
Too bad that tier of subchannels under 100 wasn't available for a better price. It's almost $40 a month to change from the lower package to the middle package to get a few subchannels that are available over the air. The only benefit is being able to PVR programming and seeing what's available in the program guide. Now I wonder if Antenna will follow next?

Reactions: DS0816
They're currently in a dispute with Nexstar, who owns Antenna TV, so they likely won't get added unless that disputes over (hopefully it's over by the end of this month like the last dispute)

Sorry about that. Getting a little rusty doing some of this stuff.

I just wish Directv would add these subchannels for around $4.99 per month and try to get the rest of the subchannels also on their system. I miss the old Nick at Night and TV Land programming. Once they rebranded and started using in house programming, the channels became unappealing to me.

Literally never heard of FMC before this thread. Seems to be old movies, many in the public domain. MeTV, which is blacked out for me because our market leading NBC station made DirecTV add its MeTV subchannel in the last retransmission extortion, so its six of one half dozen of the other.

I'm sorry, I realize not everybody had great internet and not everybody can pull in all of these netlets or subchannels or whatever they call them, but DirecTV seems to be adding one or two 10000th time over rerun channel a month. I saw all these shows and movies when they were fresh. The only netlet that has original programming is Stadium, which has some, albeit small time, sports content. Add that.

MeTV, which is blacked out for me because our market leading NBC station made DirecTV add its MeTV subchannel in the last retransmission extortion, so it’s six of one half dozen of the other.
I’m guessing that would be WSAZ Charleston? Even though their owner, Gray Television, has never got into a dispute on D*.

Reactions: SamCdbs
Literally never heard of FMC before this thread. Seems to be old movies, many in the public domain.
314 FMC is sister stations with 323 FETV and the P/I quota channel 367 WHT. They're all run by Family Broadcasting which is the successor to LeSEA (Lester Sumrall Evangelistic Association), so their secular nets mainly carry cheap family friendly shows and movies. Most of their carriage is pay to play.

MeTV, which is blacked out for me because our market leading NBC station made DirecTV add its MeTV subchannel in the last retransmission extortion, so its six of one half dozen of the other.
Even with mostly reruns, MeTV is the highest rated diginet, and it also has some original programming like Collector's Call and hosted shows like Toon in With Me and Svengoolie. Your affiliate is carried because DIRECTV adds subchannels if they are affiliated with one of the Big 6 networks, and Gray carries MyNetworkTV overnight at around 1am ET on several of their MeTV subchannels, which is why up until a few months ago DIRECTV labeled them "MNT" and why it has the MyNet logo in the info banner instead of MeTV's.

It's not MeTV or Gray specific either, they do the same in some other markets where MyNet or CW shares with another diginet like TBD or DABL, while subchannels that are only affiliated with MeTV like Gray's KOLD 13.2 in Tucson, Sinclair's WSWB 38.2 in Scranton or Weigel's KAZD 55.2 in Dallas are not carried.

The only netlet that has original programming is Stadium, which has some, albeit small time, sports content. Add that.
MeTV, Bounce, The Grio, ThisTV, Localish, CourtTV, Scripps News, Heartland and Circle also have original programming, while Dabl has a bunch of first run in the USA imports from Australia. On the Spanish end of things Telexitos has been simulcasting Universo's FIFA World Cup telecasts and occasionally carries other live sports if there's a scheduling conflict with Telemundo.

We already get Stadium's live sports via the Stadium College Sports channels in the sports pack, most of the Bally affiliated RSNs also simulcast Live on the Line and share other shows like World Poker Tour with Stadium. For whatever reason Stadium started withdrawing their direct MVPD carriage a few years ago and their remaining cable carriage is via subchannel affiliates, so it might not even be an option if DIRECTV wanted to carry it.

I would like DTV to add METV+, H&I, Charge, Comet, LAFF and add those to the DTV APP, and DTV Stream. I don't think Antenna TV has a national feed. Also add FETV to the DTV APP, and DTV Stream.

Don't hold your breath on MeTV+, Weigel has yet to make it available to 3rd party broadcasters or any of the streaming providers they have deals with like Frndly or Philo. Stream already has H&I on channel 385, but it's the made for streaming version with alternate programming.

If we were going to get Laff, we would have got it during the recent Scripps renewal that gave us Bounce, Grit, the LIL Ion channels and the removal of Ion West and Ion East's SD feed.

Antenna TV and Rewind have yet to sign any national carriage deals, their local cable distribution is tied to the owner of their subchannel. Even if they did, DIRECTV's in a massive dispute and lawsuit with their owner.

Those are owned by Sinclair, if DIRECTV were to get them it won't happen until the next renewal. They also stream online for free at their websites, which might make them less likely to carry them unless Sinclair gives them some incentive.

Those are owned by Sinclair, if DIRECTV were to get them it won't happen until the next renewal. They also stream online for free at their websites, which might make them less likely to carry them unless Sinclair gives them some incentive.
Thanks. Do you know why FETV is not on the DTV APP and Stream? I think FETV pays to be on DTV right? They would have to come to DTV or DTV would have to ask them to be on the DTV APP and Stream?

Would that mean the 4 FAST channels that showed up on the back end last week likely gave some incentives if they go live as they are all available for free elsewhere.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Latest posts