MeTV finally makes it so SE Texas!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dee_Ann

Angry consumer!
Original poster
May 23, 2009
Texas
Many thanks to Iceberg for the tip on this. :)

KUIL just replaced the Spanish Azteca channel on 12.4 with MeTV...

My dad, is thrilled! His Saturday nights are gonna be great for him now.
Since Mom passed away its been pretty boring for him and this will give him some oldies to distract him now.

This is a real blessing for my Dad and for me because I've been worried sick about him.
And after losing the History Channel, this will really help ease the pain of that loss.

Thank you MeTV and KUIL !!!

Attachments

• 2012-01-11_020047.jpg
    2012-01-11_020047.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 220
Well I have to say that I've flipped back and forth between the two feeds and the quality of the local KUIL feed suffers a good bit.
It has all the typical signs of high compression. Blotchiness, jpeg artifacts, etc..

I would not use this local feed to record things, it is not very good.
The national feed by C-band looks MUCH better.

I haven't checked yet but I also suspect they'll run The Lucy Show in place of I Love Lucy because another local station runs several hours of I love Lucy on weekends.
Not a big deal for me because I have the big dish and I can watch either one I wish.

It's good that they are here OTA, it's really good. I just wish they would dial back on the compression, it really makes the picture look bad.. :(
My Dad wouldn't ever notice it because he sits 15 feet from the TV and it's not a very big set. I have a larger set on my desk which is less than 2 feet from me so video butchery stands out like a sore thumb.
Plus I'm a ruthless, take no prisoners critic of video and image quality. I have a Canon 5D mkII so I have license to criticize EVERYTHING.... ;)

I'll stick with the national feed on C-band. But I'm still thankful for the local OTA, for the sake of my dad..

:)

We have that channel here via dish network it replaced RTV. My mother loved Naked City on RTV but they have Kojack on MeTV so thats good for her.

I haven't gotten into C-band because of the issues with having a large dish, but in the area where I live, I'm fortunate to receive a multitude of these types of channels just OTA. So that's one reason I'm sticking with just Ku FTA. I get 4 oldies channels... Retro TV, Me TV, Antenna TV, and This TV... all OTA!! The Cleveland area even has the Live Well Network, all the Ion Channels, Bounce TV and 8 total PBS channels from 2 broadcasters.

Since getting MeTV locally OTA last year, I seldom watch it off satellite. If I do it's from KDEV that's time shifted 2 hours.

I even setup an antenna for my Dad to get MeTV last Fall.

Many thanks to Iceberg for the tip on this. :)

glad to have helped

Per rabbitears site they are only running that at 3.9Mbps whereas MyTV (the "main" channel) is 11.6
Maybe they'll give the MeTV a little more bandwidth now that its not Spanish ;)

I haven't checked yet but I also suspect they'll run The Lucy Show in place of I Love Lucy because another local station runs several hours of I love Lucy on weekends.
zap2it shows I Love Lucy only on MeTV. Unless that other station claims syndex exclusive, MeTV can show it too

As example we have a Independent station that shows Cheers (ironically...its the main station that MeTV is a subchannel on) yet MeTV can show Cheers too (different episodes)

I haven't gotten into C-band because of the issues with having a large dish, but in the area where I live, I'm fortunate to receive a multitude of these types of channels just OTA. So that's one reason I'm sticking with just Ku FTA. I get 4 oldies channels... Retro TV, Me TV, Antenna TV, and This TV... all OTA!! The Cleveland area even has the Live Well Network, all the Ion Channels, Bounce TV and 8 total PBS channels from 2 broadcasters.

DUDE!! Me so jealous!! :eek:k:

zap2it shows I Love Lucy only on MeTV. Unless that other station claims syndex exclusive, MeTV can show it too

As example we have a Independent station that shows Cheers (ironically...its the main station that MeTV is a subchannel on) yet MeTV can show Cheers too (different episodes)

Either way it's all good with me.. I've seen ALL the original I Love Lucy shows so many times I couldn't count em.
It's refreshing to see The Lucy Show which I grew up with in my formative years and haven't seen for decades.
The only bad part about The Lucy Show is that because it's in color you can see Lucy and Viv's Grandma Gaudy blue eye shadow! :eek:

:D

In the analog days, there were 15 channels I could receive at my location... now it's 42 (counting all the subchannels). I'm perfectly content with all the programming I get OTA, but my wife wanted DN so she could watch the Disney Channel.

We got MeTV OTA some time last year along with MyFamily. I really enjoy both of those channels. I recently added a second LNB to my 87W dish to get RTV on 83W. I gotta tell ya, there isn't much on RTV that I want to watch. Their lineup has really gone down the tubes.

TRG
The providers in your area know how to use low powered stations correctly (in my opinion). They put general programming on there
The issue in a place like Minneapolis is we have 7 low powered stations. 1 is Univision (the same on 118.7 C-Band...WUMN), Home Shopping and 5 religious muxes. EWTN, TBN, 3ABN, Cornerstone and Daystar. While thats great (more stations) it kinda stinks that these same providers buy a bunch of low powered transmitters. Wish someone would upgrade the UNivision station to digital and put something else on it ;)

just noticed this yesterday after moving some stuff around and re-scanning the locals. Shows up as 5.3 and has guide info.

just noticed this yesterday after moving some stuff around and re-scanning the locals. Shows up as 5.3 and has guide info.
you in Minneapolis area too?

We're also suppose to get one more soon....43 that was analog is going digital. HSN in digital..woo hoo! :rolleyes:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)