MeTV is launching MeTV+

Supposedly it also launched on our newly-purchased-by-Weigel "local" station KMOH on 6.3 but I can't verify since I can't receive the signal

Checked the schedule (Chicago) and METV+ does carry some interesting old shows like Guns of Will Sonnet, Branded, Police Woman, Mayberry RFD. Hopefully someone will pick it up in Portland. Dish carries quite a few of Weigel's diginets like METV, H&I. and Start TV, so they may pick it up in time.

The article in the first post says that only WCIU in Chicago and KMOH in the Phoenix market would get MeTV+ on the first day of programming.
Yes, I also read the rest of the Weigel stations will have it in time. Unfortunately the nearest Weigel station is Seattle, as Portland does have any. Hopefully someone will pick it up.

The article in the first post says that only WCIU in Chicago and KMOH in the Phoenix market would get MeTV+ on the first day of programming.
And if KMOH is airing it, no one in Phoenix can tell. KMOH serves Kingman AZ, about 175 miles from Phoenix (but in the Phoenix market). Weigel isn't even putting MeTV+ on KMOH's LPTV sister station in Phoenix, KEJR-LD.

MeTV+ will be adding new affiliates on September 27th. These are all Weigel stations. These stations include:

WJFB DT6 (Nashville, TN)
KAZA DT3 (Los Angeles, CA)
KTLN DT4 (San Francisco, CA)
WCWW LD4 (South Bend, IN)
KAZD DT4 (Lake Dallas - Dallas - Fort Worth, TX)
KYAZ DT2 (Katy - Houston, TX)

Any idea why MeTV is on Satellite FTA but MeTV Plus is not?
My guess is because MeTV+ has only launched on Weigel stations for now. They must have some internal link. Perhaps when non-Weigel stations start to sign on, that'll be when MeTV+ shows up. All of Weigel's networks are on satellite, so surely this one will be as well. There can't be any special reason that explains why MeTV+ would be the only Weigel network to not be uplinked via satellite.

Reactions: FTA4PA
My guess is because MeTV+ has only launched on Weigel stations for now. They must have some internal link. Perhaps when non-Weigel stations start to sign on, that'll be when MeTV+ shows up. All of Weigel's networks are on satellite, so surely this one will be as well. There can't be any special reason that explains why MeTV+ would be the only Weigel network to not be uplinked via satellite.
Yes, it does appear it is only going out to Weigel owned stations at the moment. I just find it really strange that their other channels are currently sent via satellite but this one is apparently via internet distribution. I hope at some point it does goes out nationally via satellite but am kind of worried this is 'testing the waters' and they will instead switch to internet distribution for their other channels as well. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)