MeTV now on 20-2 on KVME-TV in Bishop, CA?

HoTat2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
Los Angeles, CA.
Hey Trip;

I notice the occasional on-screen station ID graphic for KVME-TV in Bishop, CA now shows its MeTV programming as on sub-channel 20-2 instead of the usual main channel 20-1. However, can find no indication of this change on RabbitEars or anywhere else. Not even MeTV's website.

It's of no consequence here in the LA market as it's still received OTA from KDOC 56-3, but just a heads up for accuracy-sake on your RE site and curious as to what might be on that station's 20-1 now.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

I've already received e-mails on this. I believe it to be an error.

If Me-TV had actually disappeared from Dish/DirecTV in market #2, I believe I'd have heard about it by now.

Thanks for the note, though. :)

- Trip

I've already received e-mails on this. I believe it to be an error.

If Me-TV had actually disappeared from Dish/DirecTV in market #2, I believe I'd have heard about it by now.

Thanks for the note, though. :)

- Trip
OK, ...

But I figured that if KVME had really switched MeTV to 20-2 they would have privately notified DIRECTV, dish, and the other affected MVPDs well ahead of time to prevent any interruption of service at the switchover point.

So the fact that they suffered no loss of service would not necessarily indicate that a change to 20-2 did not actually occur.

But you are most likely correct, that the station ID graphic is just a mistake.

OK, ...

But I figured that if KVME had really switched MeTV to 20-2 they would have privately notified DIRECTV, dish, and the other affected MVPDs well ahead of time to prevent any interruption of service at the switchover point.

So the fact that they suffered no loss of service would not necessarily indicate that a change to 20-2 did not actually occur.

Only 20-1 is eligible for must-carry.

- Trip

Only 20-1 is eligible for must-carry.

- Trip
OK ...

Oh, and I think you can safely change the notation of KVME 20-1 to widescreen SD on RE now.

Even though the active format for MeTV's actual programming seems more like somewhere between 16:11 to 16:10 instead of the full 16:9.

(Thin matte pillar bars on both sides ...)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)