MeTV Removed from Dish

But you have to be subscribed to the programming pack it comes in. I see it in the lowest programming pack online the DISH website top 120 channel pack.
Definitely not in the lowest programming pack, Locals Only. That is the lowest Dish programming package that I know about, and the one I currently have. No national feed of MeTV, and Dish does not carry our local affiliate, either. (Cleveland, OH DMA)

There are a bunch of other "free" national cable-type (and streaming) channels included in Locals Only, though. Dish has added many new ones this month. I'll start a thread with an updated listing of channels included in Locals Only, at the same time when I post my new Free Previews thread on June 1. Stay tuned!

Definitely not in the lowest programming pack, Locals Only. That is the lowest Dish programming package that I know about, and the one I currently have. No national feed of MeTV, and Dish does not carry our local affiliate, either. (Cleveland, OH DMA)

There are a bunch of other "free" national cable-type (and streaming) channels included in Locals Only, though. Dish has added many new ones this month. I'll start a thread with an updated listing of channels included in Locals Only, at the same time when I post my new Free Previews thread on June 1. Stay tuned!
Love to know how you can get Locals only? The Metv on their website shows in top 120 programming pack,which is the lowest regular programming pack shown on the DISH comparison section of their website. In fact in the comparison it is in every programming pack listed on their website. I checked before I posted. I wasn't talking about flex pack or welcome pack or locals pack.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Yep. And we get it in 720p HD here via OTA, which is nice. In lots of places, MeTV is just SD.
Our Metv ota channel is in 720p HD and it is wonderful to see it on the older shows. Makes it clear as can be and the color shows look really vivid. Batman ,Star trek and color episodes of Lost in Space pop on the screen.

The national MeTV feed is regional. Having the local feed available on Dish in the St. Louis DMA deauthorizes the national feed, regardless of receiver model or whether or not you actually subscribe to satellite-delivered locals.
I thought that they could do that and have seen it on other channels in the past. In our area we have both the ota METV in HD and the satellite version too in sd.

Love to know how you can get Locals only?
I may have been grandfathered for it last year, when that option was made available during the height of the COVID quarantines. It was intended as a lifeline service to keep customers connected to local news about the pandemic, without requiring them to spend too much money during uncertain economic times.

I was told that if I ever dropped Locals Only, I would not be able to get it back. Having said that, I actually did cancel Dish service entirely last year anyway. When I reactivated service a few months ago, I still had the option of getting Locals Only. In fact, that was the default option for me, since that is what I had when I cancelled, so I kept it. The price jacked-up steeply in the meantime. (It had been $15 per month during the pandemic, now it is $25 per month.) However, Dish has been adding more channels lately, to make it seem somewhat more "worth it." (Hint: if you like Spanish-language streaming channels, this is a really good time to be a Dish customer.) :)

The point is, the package is obviously still in Dish's system, since I was able to get it back without any hassle. So, if anyone else wants this option, it may not hurt to ask Dish about it.

The national MeTV feed is regional. Having the local feed available on Dish in the St. Louis DMA deauthorizes the national feed, regardless of receiver model or whether or not you actually subscribe to satellite-delivered locals.
Interesting. ION doesn't work that way. ION is local for me and is carried by Dish.

Reactions: pattykay
I do not have 247 listed on the guide, it‘s vanished.
Hello, ashecnc. If you are not receiving MeTV as a local channel, we definitely would want to look into why 247 is missing from your Guide. Here are a few steps to try first: MyDISH. If this still does not bring back the channel, please chat with us online at MyDISH. Our chat support team is available every day between 8am-midnight ET to help.

Not sure why some are having this problem with the missing channel 247. I get ME on channel 247 as well as on one of the local channels. Perhaps because it's a sub channel? In any event, I prefer watching channel 247 due to the local channel always preempting ME programming for local interest programming that's usually of interest to no one. I expect this may be true for others as well.

Following the advice of the DISH Support representative above, I started a chat with Dish about why I am not getting MeTV with the locals. Unfortunately, the chat representative confirmed that the national feed on channel 247 does indeed require at least AT120 or higher. I had the chat rep submit a programming request for Dish to carry our local affiliate. I don't really expect anything to come of it, but at least I made my voice heard. It might not hurt for others who want this channel to also use the chat link below, and make your feelings known to Dish:
Hello, ashecnc. If you are not receiving MeTV as a local channel, we definitely would want to look into why 247 is missing from your Guide. Here are a few steps to try first: MyDISH. If this still does not bring back the channel, please chat with us online at MyDISH. Our chat support team is available every day between 8am-midnight ET to help.

Maybe this can help you.
Thanks! I already have the Free2View apps on my Roku. It is more the principle of the thing. MeTV is a network that "should" be included in the local package, even if Dish has to bring in a national feed to do it. As syphix mentioned earlier, there is still no easy way to record the stream. I suppose it could be recorded in real time using a DVD burner, but that is hardly as convenient as a DVR. Getting the signal OTA is also a no-go for me, since our affiliate's OTA signal does not reach my part of the market.

Thanks! I already have the Free2View apps on my Roku. It is more the principle of the thing. MeTV is a network that "should" be included in the local package, even if Dish has to bring in a national feed to do it. As syphix mentioned earlier, there is still no easy way to record the stream. I suppose it could be recorded in real time using a DVD burner, but that is hardly as convenient as a DVR. Getting the signal OTA is also a no-go for me, since our affiliate's OTA signal does not reach my part of the market.
Yes, you can go V/A out and record real time on a DVR set up in 480i. Some older DVD recorders came with an HDD.

Dude, I posted the Roku links to the two apps that have Metv and others in that post! Click on the hyperlinks called "Roku" and it'll take you directly to the apps in the channel store.

View attachment 156963
I have to report that the admin of these apps, was forced to remove ALL the Weigel channels effective immediately. Which include MeTV, Heroes & Icons, Decades, Movies!, and Start TV.

Apparently, Frndly and LocalBTV have the legal streaming rights at present, so he was forced to remove them. They will not be back, on this app anyway.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: TheKrell