Grit
Heroes & Icons
Laff
Metv
Movies
Rewind Tv
Start Tv
This Tv

and more... I don't even NEED a C-band dish anymore...
Does anyone know what apps are referred to here? The links do not seem to work

Dude, I posted the Roku links to the two apps that have Metv and others in that post! Click on the hyperlinks called "Roku" and it'll take you directly to the apps in the channel store.

View attachment 156963
It does not seem to do that for all of us. Posting the name(s) alongside the links helps. Thanks though for your help.

Now I see what happened. Apparently both links were to apps by the same concern. It may have taken some to those apps and never worked for othere/ Now that the developer has with drawn the apps it does not work for anyone.

Thanks to all anyway.

Last edited:
MeTV has been off for months now. With the current chaos at Dish, I'm guessing that making a deal with Weigel is not a priority. Maybe it wasn't much of one even before the hack.

MeTV is one of our favorite channels. Fortunately, it is on a subchannel that we can get OTA. Unfortunately, there is no guide info and we have to set manual timers if we want to record something.
Dish has made it pretty clear that uplinking programming like MeTV is not a priority since most are locally "over the air". I suspect that the Wiegel "dot subnets" are covered by separate contracts (since some of them are still on Dish) but they will disappear as contracts time out.

Reactions: charlesrshell
It's been another month and still no MeTV on Dish (other than by intercepting it by OTA).

Has there been any news? Will it happen or is Dish permanently severing this relationship? If they drop discussions with Wiegel over Dish does that mean the other Wiegel channels will disappear too?

It doesn't matter too much to me about MeTV any more. I've gotten over their weekday daytime programming and now only try to record the Saturday Night stuff. The only one I care about is Svengoolie and I have to record it because it now takes a 70 minute movie and adds commercials to stretch it to 2-1/2 hours. By the time any commercial break is over I've lost continuity to the movie so recording and fast forward is the only tolerable way to watch it. MeTV doesn't have a worthwhile feedback either. At least that awful Sventoonie is gone again.

• Haha
Reactions: MikeD-C05
For any Dish customers who really need their MeTV fix, be aware that it recently joined the line-up of channels at the skinny streaming cable TV service Frndly TV, which sells its "Classic" package (HD, 2 screens, unlimited DVR storage with 3 month retention, 72 hour look-back) for $9/mo. This little service can pretty much replace Dish's Heartland Package and then some. Channels included:
  • MeTV
  • H&I
  • Start TV
  • Decades
  • Story Television
  • Get TV
  • Game Show Network
  • INSP
  • Hallmark
  • Hallmark Movies & Mysteries
  • Hallmark Drama
  • A&E
  • History
  • Lifetime
  • LMN
  • Vice
  • The Weather Channel
  • Circle
  • GAC Family
  • GAC Living
  • UpTV
  • Dove Channel
  • plus a few others
Frndly TV does have an inexpensive pack of the 45 channels w/o DVR for $7 a month. Since they added "Movies", Frendly TV carriers 6 out of the 7 Weigel channels (H&I, Start TV, Movies, Catchy TV, Story TV & METV).

It's been another month and still no MeTV on Dish (other than by intercepting it by OTA).

Has there been any news? Will it happen or is Dish permanently severing this relationship? If they drop discussions with Wiegel over Dish does that mean the other Wiegel channels will disappear too?

It doesn't matter too much to me about MeTV any more. I've gotten over their weekday daytime programming and now only try to record the Saturday Night stuff. The only one I care about is Svengoolie and I have to record it because it now takes a 70 minute movie and adds commercials to stretch it to 2-1/2 hours. By the time any commercial break is over I've lost continuity to the movie so recording and fast forward is the only tolerable way to watch it. MeTV doesn't have a worthwhile feedback either. At least that awful Sventoonie is gone again.
I have no idea why a deal has not been struck with Weigel on METV. Frndly TV carries 6 of the Weigel channels. If the service was expensive, Frndly TV sure would not carry them. I like Dish, but I get the idea, Dish just wants to pay nearly nothing for some channels. I am glad we have alternatives now, either OTA, Frendy TV, etc. With the carriers going up, people are cancelling for streaming. Losing channels is not good if they want to keep subs.

I hated that Sventoonie too. It felt like it was more geared for kids not adults.

because its a -1 station in the market. KNHL carries MeTv on their -1 and is a full power station so they get carried. Its a rare occurrence :)
(my post 159 is the same thing I said when you last posted that you get it MeTV Removed from Dish)
Sorry, I forgot I posted about it. I was passing on what I thought was information on it being available on DISH.

Now that it has been over 20 months, why does the channel guide still show MeTV on 247 still says "Not Available." Is DISH saying there is still hope? Why not just delete it instead of reminding us every time we scroll through? We can't get it OTA and I really miss Sven !!! I'd pay a couple bucks.

Now that it has been over 20 months, why does the channel guide still show MeTV on 247 still says "Not Available." Is DISH saying there is still hope? Why not just delete it instead of reminding us every time we scroll through? We can't get it OTA and I really miss Sven !!! I'd pay a couple bucks.
That was MY question. ;)

If you have a local MeTV station, the national feed on 247 will be blocked and you would receive the local station on whatever channel it broadcasts. If there is a dispute you lose the OTA channel ending in -00 but the OTA channel should still be there. If it is NOT an -01 channel, the programming data may not be offered.

Last edited: