MeTV Removed from Dish

And that's what they did. They used to run 80 minute movies in a 120 minute slot. Now they've expanded it to 2.5 hours, still run the 80 minute movies except now they add a 20-25 minute post-movie filler with his rambling. I had hoped they'd actually go get some new longer programming but alas that doesn't appear to be the case. The show the other night (The Raven) was interrupted so many times that it was chopped to pieces and the duration and frequency of the interruptions made watching the movie insuffarable to do in real time. The only way to watch Svengoolie is to record it and fast forward over his segments. [The cast discussions being the only exception.]

Now to Dish dropping MeTV: I get MeTV on my local OTA channel. But I used the Dish version when I recorded stuff since the Dish feed is more robust. The OTA antenna is prone to long dropouts which sometimes never recover without reorienting the antenna. Plus Dish doesn't have any Grid info on the OTA version (Yes, I've harped on that in a different topic and the Dish folks that used to respond disappeared). So recording the OTA is now done by 1-hour anonymous time slots.

Has anyone read the press releases that Dish makes about these events? It's like they have a Microsoft Word template form letter that they fill in every time this happens.
I have to agree with the Svengoolie going to 2/12 hours not necessarily being a good thing. I watch him when there's a movie I want to see, and I like the cast info, but I find all his other antics annoying. With an extra half hour of annoying antics I'll most likely be watching him far less, and as pointed out he doesn't show anything that isn't readily available elsewhere.

I have to agree with the Svengoolie going to 2/12 hours not necessarily being a good thing. I watch him when there's a movie I want to see, and I like the cast info, but I find all his other antics annoying. With an extra half hour of annoying antics I'll most likely be watching him far less, and as pointed out he doesn't show anything that isn't readily available elsewhere.
At least with Elvira Mistress of the Night her jokes were funny and she was hot looking. I never minded her bits or her ........... :biggrin

It's all wasted now, she switched to the other team a few years ago...
I use to date a hot chick in College, who batted for the other team. She was what you would call a lipstick lesbian and wore feminine clothes and make up. She was very upfront about it and told me when I started to make advances that she was one. I tried to convert her anyway I could, but it never worked and I spent lot of time kissing and necking and petting with her instead of doing homework. But I did get her to go to my company Awards Banquet and she looked HOT as Hell and I got a lot of high fives from my male friends the next week afterwards. So it wasn't a total loss, because she would do my homework for me in the one class we had together. I got an A. :smug

wow, this thread got derailed into something unrelated to the topic.

can we go back to talking about the Dish/MeTV Dispute

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

We do not know. It could be money are they could be asking for DISH to cover more Weigel channels.
I am really surprised if these diginets are beginning to demand a lot. As much as I enjoy several of them, they are not worth a lot. As stated they are full to re-runs that are available from many sources. In fact through the years, my favorite classic re-runs I have purchased on DVD. Except for a few that are not available on DVD or other sources, I could do without them. I grew up many of the shows. But again we are not talking about first run material put out today by a studio. Face it in many markets METV and others are free OTA. If bothers me as I thought being inexpensive to carry, Dish would look into more diginets like Antenna TV, Decades, Rewind, etv, but if they are starting to demand unreasonable fees, Dish and other carriers swill drop them. That is possible that Weigel may be demanding Dish to carry all of their channels, METV, METV+, Decades, Start TV, Story, Movies, & H&I.

Reactions: TheKrell
Frndly TV is a cheap alternative. Fortunately we do have a Weigel LPTV here on the Oregon Coast that has all 7 of their channels. H&I & METV are in 720p. The rest are in SD, but look good.
I just checked and Frndly has 5 of the 7 Weigel networks, H&I, Start TV, Decades, METV, and Story TV. Their Website states "Movies: is coming soon. That will give them six. The only one missing will METV+. Frndy TV also has a DVR feature.

I am really surprised if these diginets are beginning to demand a lot. As much as I enjoy several of them, they are not worth a lot. As stated they are full to re-runs that are available from many sources. In fact through the years, my favorite classic re-runs I have purchased on DVD. Except for a few that are not available on DVD or other sources, I could do without them. I grew up many of the shows. But again we are not talking about first run material put out today by a studio. Face it in many markets METV and others are free OTA. If bothers me as I thought being inexpensive to carry, Dish would look into more diginets like Antenna TV, Decades, Rewind, etv, but if they are starting to demand unreasonable fees, Dish and other carriers swill drop them. That is possible that Weigel may be demanding Dish to carry all of their channels, METV, METV+, Decades, Start TV, Story, Movies, & H&I.
Free OTA does not mean free to cable and satellite providers. If the product has an audience they can demand $

It has been about the national channel but I am surprised that Weigel has separately allowed transmission of a local channel they own. perhaps the deal for this channel predates Weigel owning the channel.
Does Weigel even own any channels? I thought MeTV was usually a subchannel from another owner (Nexstar, Scripps, Hearst, Gray, etc) when it's on broadcast.

Does Weigel even own any channels? I thought MeTV was usually a subchannel from another owner (Nexstar, Scripps, Hearst, Gray, etc) when it's on broadcast.
Yes they do including big 4 nets in Milwaukee and South Bend
Also the CW in Chicago

Reactions: charlesrshell
you pay for these channels and then they take them off and do not replace any other channels, there are 3 channels they have taken off. what a rip off . Dish not good any more, when my contract is up I will not stay with them.

And in the past, Dish has occasionally added a channel or two, without increasing the bill. Been a long time, not sure we’ll see that again.

But to keep METV and other channels, Dish would have to pay so much that our bills would rise, maybe more than we’d be willing to pay.

Free OTA does not mean free to cable and satellite providers. If the product has an audience they can demand $
I am sure Weigel is paid, but to raise the fee for re-run diginets? The shows they run for the most part are available elsewhere. Either on another service or on DVD. As much as I like METV, Antenna TV, etc, we are not talking about first run material here. I was hoping that Dish would in time carry all of the Weigel channels, but I really doubt that now. Interesting that streaming services that are inexpensive like Frndly TV carry 5 of of the Weigel channels, soon to be six. They will be adding Movies! But not METV+ as yet.