MeTV Removed from Dish

Initially I guessed this ME TV outage would be a short one, but it seems to be dragging on. Perhaps due to the time of the year, this being Christmas and new years, negotiations may be slow or on hold until after the 1st.
Check if you can get Metv over an antenna. Click on the "Where to Watch" link at the top, for your local station: MeTV – America's #1 Classic Television Network

Reactions: charlesrshell
I miss Svengoolie. "I Want my MeTV!!!"
If you are really living in Grass Valley, CA, Metv is supposed to be broadcast over channel KCRA 3.2.

That station broadcasts on UHF rf35, so a smaller UHF antenna can get it, IF you are close enough. Now, you'd have to give us the RESULTS link from a Rabbitears report, for us to be able the tell IF you have any chance of getting it. Run the report at this link: https://rabbitears.info/searchmap.php

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Mike, thanks. I've tried multiple antennae configs. We are at 2,700' in rolling hills. Stuck. A neighbor 1/4 mile away can get it but he has a cleaner view to Sacramento (Walnut Grove). I look the same direction and see another hill and trees.
9242cadb31eec5f0e96bf2ce302862a3.png

Mike, thanks. I've tried multiple antennae configs. We are at 2,700' in rolling hills. Stuck. A neighbor 1/4 mile away can get it but he has a cleaner view to Sacramento (Walnut Grove). I look the same direction and see another hill and trees.
9242cadb31eec5f0e96bf2ce302862a3.png
I'd still like to see your Rabbitears report, to really see what you are dealing with. It'll even show if there really are mountains in the way. If you are worried it'll show us exactly where your house is, it won't. That's masked for privacy. Ron it at 30 feet, and 110 miles out.

If you are really living in Grass Valley, CA, Metv is supposed to be broadcast over channel KCRA 3.2.

That station broadcasts on UHF rf35, so a smaller UHF antenna can get it, IF you are close enough. Now, you'd have to give us the RESULTS link from a Rabbitears report, for us to be able the tell IF you have any chance of getting it. Run the report at this link: https://rabbitears.info/searchmap.php
I'm hopeful the dispute between ME TV and Dish will be resolved sooner than later, because I haven't seen any of the usual complaints between the two parties of unreasonable demands, etc. I wonder if anyone knows if they're actually talking or not.

I miss Svengoolie. "I Want my MeTV!!!"

Reactions: charlesrshell
He will probably fill it with more singing. :nana
Considering the mostly "B" horror movies he shows from the 50-60's are around 90 minutes(or less), we'll be treated to his insufferable antics for the other 90 minutes. Minus all the commercials, of course. I don't think extending Svengoolie an extra half hour is necessarily a good thing.

Reactions: tpribors
Since Dish is having disputes with diginets like Weigel (METV), I wonder if this means, Dish will no longer be adding any more. I do find it interesting that tiny services like Frndly TV offers METV, Decades, etc. I am sure they do not have the money to pay a lot for them.

He will probably fill it with more singing. :nana
And that's what they did. They used to run 80 minute movies in a 120 minute slot. Now they've expanded it to 2.5 hours, still run the 80 minute movies except now they add a 20-25 minute post-movie filler with his rambling. I had hoped they'd actually go get some new longer programming but alas that doesn't appear to be the case. The show the other night (The Raven) was interrupted so many times that it was chopped to pieces and the duration and frequency of the interruptions made watching the movie insuffarable to do in real time. The only way to watch Svengoolie is to record it and fast forward over his segments. [The cast discussions being the only exception.]

Now to Dish dropping MeTV: I get MeTV on my local OTA channel. But I used the Dish version when I recorded stuff since the Dish feed is more robust. The OTA antenna is prone to long dropouts which sometimes never recover without reorienting the antenna. Plus Dish doesn't have any Grid info on the OTA version (Yes, I've harped on that in a different topic and the Dish folks that used to respond disappeared). So recording the OTA is now done by 1-hour anonymous time slots.

Has anyone read the press releases that Dish makes about these events? It's like they have a Microsoft Word template form letter that they fill in every time this happens.

How much is MeTV wanting from Dish?

It is just a channel with a bunch of reruns that are easily available elsewhere, you would think they would just be happy just to be on Dish to make more from Commercials with the greater exposure.
We do not know. It could be money are they could be asking for DISH to cover more Weigel channels.

Ok, I'm coming late to this whole thing, but I have read the entire thread. Is this issue over the national MeTV channel? I still have my local MeTV out of Seattle via Dish on channel 45...
It has been about the national channel but I am surprised that Weigel has separately allowed transmission of a local channel they own. perhaps the deal for this channel predates Weigel owning the channel.