MeTV Removed from Dish

Looks like Dish reached a temporary agreement after MeTV was removed for 2 hours.
It would have been nice if they had put this update on DishPromise. Normally, any time a dispute is resolved, they routinely post a message "We are happy to announce that we have reached an agreement with [fill in the blank] and your channels have been restored." This especially should have happened this time, since it is only a temporary agreement, and there is still a chance that the channels could be removed again. However, DishPromise is not giving any kind of heads-up about what is going on here. All I get is "There are currently no local programming disputes for the ZIP Code entered."

Reactions: LQQK
IF you have a Roku, they are all available on these two apps: Roku

And: Roku

Charge!
Comet Tv
Defy Tv
Ion
Ion Plus
TruReal
The Grio
Fetv
Ace Tv
Binge Tv
Retro Tv
Antenna Tv
Cozi Tv
Grit
Heroes & Icons
Laff
Metv
Movies
Rewind Tv
Start Tv
This Tv

and more... I don't even NEED a C-band dish anymore...
MeTV is not on Roku. When you search for, it comes up in the search but it takes you to a channel called LeMelle. What ever that is.

Looks like MeTV and Dish have not come to a new deal and the channel was removed this evening. There are quite a few tweets to Dish about dropping the channel. Dish Promise.com says that MeTV backed out of a handshake deal.

Maybe this is why the OTA channel listing in Chicago was fixed for MeTV last week :biggrin
I still have MeTv on my channel lineup. I'm currently watching Green Acres, so I am not sure why some still have the channel, while others do not.

I still have MeTv on my channel lineup. I'm currently watching Green Acres, so I am not sure why some still have the channel, while others do not.
I don't have it.
It was removed for a couple of hours on the evening when this thread started. Dish and MeTV came to a temporary agreement, so it could be removed again whenever that agreement expires.

The national feed has been only available regionally for a long time. This means that if Dish carries the local affiliate, they are required to hide the national feed. In LQQK's case, Dish "carries" the local affiliate, but it is having technical difficulties. This results in both feeds being missing.

Reactions: LQQK
IF you have a Roku, they are all available on these two apps: Roku

And: Roku

Charge!
Comet Tv
Defy Tv
Ion
Ion Plus
TruReal
The Grio
Fetv
Ace Tv
Binge Tv
Retro Tv
Antenna Tv
Cozi Tv
Grit
Heroes & Icons
Laff
Metv
Movies
Rewind Tv
Start Tv
This Tv

and more... I don't even NEED a C-band dish anymore...

Thanks for the info, nice add for my roku! :)

What value does MeTV bring to Dish if you can stream it for free? If I were Dish I'd play hardball over the next contract too.

What value does MeTV bring to Dish if you can stream it for free?
You can't normally stream it for free, at least Weigel doesn't offer that option themselves. At present, the Roku app I posted is the only legal free streaming option for Metv that's accessible to the average person. I posted it to help out people here that need a way to do so, while this contract dispute goes on.

Unless of course you want to install a 10ft C-band dish, and get it yourself off of 101w...

Reactions: charlesrshell
What value does MeTV bring to Dish if you can stream it for free?
The same could be said about the locals when Locast was streaming them for "free." Look how that turned out.

Not everyone has access to streaming. Those without high-speed broadband would still need satellite or OTA delivery. For those who also cannot receive MeTV OTA, satellite would be their only options.

247 is the channel. My buddy still has DISH and I checked his receiver and he has it. But you have to be subscribed to the programming pack it comes in. I see it in the lowest programming pack online the DISH website top 120 channel pack.

Reactions: charlesrshell
247 is the channel. My buddy still has DISH and I checked his receiver and he has it. But you have to be subscribed to the programming pack it comes in. I see it in the lowest programming pack online the DISH website top 120 channel pack.
I have the Top 200 pack and see channel 247 in the line up but my Hopper 3 doesn't list it in the guide. I do have MeTv in the locals guide both DISH and OTA. St Louis DMA.