MeTV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Just came across your thread and I agree. I love this network too. I was recording it every day till my dish dtv pal plus dvr died, RIP. Now using it for a few shows and manual timers on my 722k . Talked to DISH and they should have ota guide information for it come the end of March. Then no more manual timers.

I thought MeTV Beaumont was already there with guide info?

Only on ota tvs and on the dish dtv pal plus dvr. DISH hasn't activated the guide data yet. But I worked with Kip and Jeffery in the dishquality.com department and they said we would have guide data for both 12.3 Mytx and 12.4 Metv at the end of March. Same thing I had to do to get guide data for 4.2 Bounce channel and the Tbn sub channels in our area. If I didn't keep up the emails , we wouldn't have the guide data for them either.

it can be erratic. I see This TV guide data for Baltimore but not DC.

ME TV guide info is there for our local 5.2 channel. Not sure why it's taking so long for yours. :)

Well the first email I sent was delegated to some lesser person who responded : WE don't carry Metv on the satellite ,so no guide data for you. Then I had to write back that they don't carry Cw or Bounce channel either but we have guide data for them. Why not add the information for the other two channels in our area that we don't have? Especially since they are sub channels for the main Abc channel they do carry. I also reminded them that we have ota guide data for my tv and the dish dtv pal plus dvr . I then got a response that the engineer would have it added by the end of March. OF course I will have to remind them of this email again by April 1st if no guide data. Same thing I went through with Bounce channel and the TBN sub channels. I seem to be the only one working to get guide data for the ota sub channels in our area.:coffee

You have listings for TBN sub channels? I was told it was impossible! HA! Love that.

Yes all 4 of the sub channels have guide data. It was added once I wrote to Kip Wilcoxson , the head engineer of locals,and told him that we had the information on my dish dtv pal plus dvr , that recently died: RIP. If you can get the psip guide data it usually isn't a problem for DISH to get it on the satellite. OF course they tell me that the station itself, has to make the guide information available to Tribune Media ,before they can use it on the satellite.

Well, since the "local" TBN is an O&O they just spit out what they get from LA. So a national guide would do the trick for all the channels. Heck, channel 43 doesn't even have guide data for TBN itself!

Mike what doesnt make sense is according to Dish they already have the guide info uploaded for your area for MeTV

4-01 KBTV TSID 0x0B71, Subchannel 01 (DISH Channel 5193/8446)
4-02 KBTV2 TSID 0x0B71, Subchannel 02 (DISH Channel 14074)
6-01 KFDM TSID 0x0ACF, Subchannel 01 (DISH Channel 5191/8444)
6-02 KFDM2 TSID 0x0ACF, Subchannel 02 (DISH Channel 14985)
12-01 KBMT TSID 0x0AD1, Subchannel 01 (DISH Channel 5190/8443)
12-02 KBMTD TSID 0x0AD1, Subchannel 02 (DISH Channel 5192/8445)
12-03 KBMT3 TSID 0x0AD1, Subchannel 03 (DISH Channel 15109)
12-04 KBMT4 TSID 0x0AD1, Subchannel 04 (DISH Channel 15124)
34-01 KITU TSID 0x0AD3, Subchannel 01 (DISH Channel 8447)
34-02 KITU2 TSID 0x0AD3, Subchannel 02 (DISH Channel 15241)
34-03 KITU3 TSID 0x0AD3, Subchannel 03 (DISH Channel 15401)
34-04 KITU4 TSID 0x0AD3, Subchannel 04 (DISH Channel 15262)
34-05 KITU5 TSID 0x0AD3, Subchannel 05 (DISH Channel 15267)

When they first added 12.3 and 12.4 in our area I bugged Kip to add guide data for them. Back then it was just Mytx and Azteca channels on those two channels. THey did add the information on the satellite but the station did not put out any guided data at all , just static. So Kip said till the station agreed to put up the guide data to Tribune Media and over psip , the satellite wouldn't have any data to add for our guides. If there is something up there now I am surprised. But Kip said it would take to the end of March for the engineers to add it to our guides. Of course there are two versions of those channels in our area. Digital channel 43 and digital channel 36 . Both play the same channels from two different broadcast towers and channel 36 is the weakest , so I use 43. I will have to see if I add 36 if that makes any difference about the guide data. IF not it will mean waiting for two more weeks and then emailing Kip again as to why it isn't turned on yet.

Tried to add digital 36 and it did not give guide data . It gave a weaker ota signal and I lost the main ABC 12.2 channel, the sub channels 12.2,12.3, 12.4 are part of. I had to delete the digital 36 channel and re-add 43 to get my main Abc 12 channel back. I don't know why this caused problems but it did. My toshiba hd 3- d tv adds both 36 and 43 with no problems and 12 wasn't affected at all. Weird.

Well, since the "local" TBN is an O&O they just spit out what they get from LA. So a national guide would do the trick for all the channels. Heck, channel 43 doesn't even have guide data for TBN itself!

In my area we have guide data for the Baltimore affiliate of This TV but not the DC one. The data would be identical but it just is not there. while national guide data sounds great it just does not happen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)