Mexico signal issues

I live in Chapala I have a 6ft. for Sat. 119 and a 8ft. for Sat.129 the HD channels.
Getting 119 day and night when it does not rain.
129 only comes in afternoons this time of year but gets much better after the rainy season.

Can you answer any of the below please?

What kind of dishes are they; Brand name or Mexican made? offset? fiberglass?
LNB brand? Noise figure?
Could you post your signals from 119/129 with receiver model?

Can you answer any of the below please?

What kind of dishes are they; Brand name or Mexican made? offset? fiberglass?
LNB brand? Noise figure?
Could you post your signals from 119/129 with receiver model?

Hi,

I would guess they are Mexican made and they are offset fiberglass dishes.

The LNB's are Eagle Aspen

My receiver is a ViP 612 DVR

The time was 10:45 pm

Sat. 119 using a 6ft. dish

06---26
07---18
08---20
09---25
10---15
11---21
12---30
13---24
14---14
15---29
16---31
17---23
18---20
19---26
20---30
21---36

Sat 129 using a 8ft. dish

17---18
18---18
19---16
20---20
21---25
22---17
23---16
24---19
25---15
26---15
27---16
28---17
29---13
30---16
31---14
32---15

The best signal comes in the afternoon with both Sats.

Hope this helps

There are no good options for reasonable reception of DN as far south as you are. Your best option for your area is Sh**D- Canadian sat programming.

In Mexico, one can always watch internet TV. I get almost all the channels I normally watch for free. Sometimes there is freezing and lost channels but I get that with satellite TV also. For Mexican satellite services there is Dish Mexico which is awful and Sky. I switched from Sky satellite to Dish Mexico and Sky is better by far. It has twice as many English channels and better programming. Sky is terrible compared to Dish USA which tells you how bad Dish Mexico is.

I will post the internet TV sites if I that is allowed.

I am new to Zumpango, Mexico (just north of Mexico City) and I am trying to get my dish network satellite to work! Does it work and how do I do it if it does???? HELP!!!

The problem now with DN and specifically with Sat 119 in Central Mexico is that many tps have been lost. The last report I have from Mexico City is that with a 2.4 mts dish ( 8ft) there are only 7 tps that are received from Sat 119.
In my case I decided to cancel my DN sub.

DJDish

The problem now with DN and specifically with Sat 119 in Central Mexico is that many tps have been lost. The last report I have from Mexico City is that with a 2.4 mts dish ( 8ft) there are only 7 tps that are received from Sat 119.
In my case I decided to cancel my DN sub.

DJDish

Echo* 14, Sat.119, seems to be much better now than when it was first put into place. I use to have 4 bad transponders in the low teens but now only one low one. This seems to have changed in the last 2 weeks. Most transponders are in the 20 to 40% range from 7:00am to 9:00pm but starts to drop off fast after 10:00pm. Then there are days that stay strong all day and night. But if it rains all is gone. Maybe Mexico City would have more transponders at this time than they had. Just a thought.

That was probably their intent by reducing the coverage area with E14. Like Tivimac mentioned, this probably has to do with the Dish Network service in Mexico.

I have Dish Mexico and complained about it from the first day. In an answer to my emails, one was from an Echostar employee who sells to Dish Mexico and he said Dish Mexico has permission to use the Dish name but the two are not affiliated. He gave the excuse that DN MX never knew it would take off the way it did, wasn't prepared and much of the problems are because of the receivers. They are really cheap receivers.

To anyone wanting Mexico satellite, Sky is much better and has more channels in English. That's how bad Dish Mexico is, when Sky is a better choice.

Yet E* has a Latino package in the USA for all the spanish speakers here who like to hear there native language. Someone said there are 1 million Americans who live in Mexico full and part time. Why can't they have the equivalent of the Latin package. I guess it is the same screwing of Americans. Give the Mexicans everything here , but don't give the Americans anything in Mexico.

Dang! What an attitude. If there are enough people in a market to make money, the product will be offered. Did you participate in this year's census? It helps if Mexico knows how many English speakers live here so businesses can target them. If there is a market for English broadcasting, it will be offered.

There are millions of Spanish speakers in the U.S. so why wouldn't companies target them? Many of those Spanish speakers families have been there for several hundred years. Not all are from Mexico.

Sky satellite compared the DN MX offers far more English channels which is odd because Sky is broadcast throughout South America.

I've been here (Mexico) almost 5 years and speak Spanish about like a two year old. It's hard to learn a new language after a certain age and I'm always surprised at how many Mexicans speak English.

Comparing Dish Mexico to the Dish Network is an apples/oranges situation. Other than the word "Dish" they have nothing in common. For English speakers, both US and Canadian, the common solution is either Dish USA or Shaw Direct.

The recent replacement of the satellite at 119 W has caused some problems because of it's more tightly focused footprint. Yet in eastern Mexico, i.e. Cancun and the Mayan Riviera, a little pointing and perhaps an upgrade to a 1.8 meter dish brings in Dish USA very handily. Both 110 and 119 come in quite well. Shaw is also a valid choice, with a very solid signal footprint..

I know of no reason to subscribe to Dish Mexico as its lineup is inferior to Sky's.

There are millions of Spanish speakers in the U.S. so why wouldn't companies target them? Many of those Spanish speakers families have been there for several hundred years. Not all are from Mexico.
Spot on. In 2009, there were an estimated 48.4 million Hispanics in the US, 16% of the population. More interesting facts from the US Census Bureau found on this site:

Hispanic Americans: Census Facts — Infoplease.com

After attempting to learn Spanish for over five years, I have a whole new respect for anyone who attempts to learn English.

I have Dish Mexico and complained about it from the first day. In an answer to my emails, one was from an Echostar employee who sells to Dish Mexico and he said Dish Mexico has permission to use the Dish name but the two are not affiliated. He gave the excuse that DN MX never knew it would take off the way it did, wasn't prepared and much of the problems are because of the receivers. They are really cheap receivers.

To anyone wanting Mexico satellite, Sky is much better and has more channels in English. That's how bad Dish Mexico is, when Sky is a better choice.

It is my understanding that Dish Mexico is an Echostar and local MVS Comunicaciones JV.

Then I would agree that if anyone (english or spanish speaker) has to choose between Dish Mexico and Sky, then this last one is the best option;)

Comparing Dish Mexico to the Dish Network is an apples/oranges situation. Other than the word "Dish" they have nothing in common. For English speakers, both US and Canadian, the common solution is either Dish USA or Shaw Direct.

The recent replacement of the satellite at 119 W has caused some problems because of it's more tightly focused footprint. Yet in eastern Mexico, i.e. Cancun and the Mayan Riviera, a little pointing and perhaps an upgrade to a 1.8 meter dish brings in Dish USA very handily. Both 110 and 119 come in quite well. Shaw is also a valid choice, with a very solid signal footprint..

I know of no reason to subscribe to Dish Mexico as its lineup is inferior to Sky's.

How many tps do you have @ 119w after the transition to E14 and what dish size are you using ?

I totally agree with you on the Dish Mexico thing, last time I checked their website and list channel I saw they had a very limited channel offer.

Sky satellite compared the DN MX offers far more English channels which is odd because Sky is broadcast throughout South America.

I've been here (Mexico) almost 5 years and speak Spanish about like a two year old. It's hard to learn a new language after a certain age and I'm always surprised at how many Mexicans speak English.

Sky is owned by Televisa and DirecTV (minor share) and Sky operates in addition to Mexico, in Central America and Dominican Republic,
Then DirecTV Latin America offers the service in South America. I´´m not sure how Sky Brazil is related.

That´s why if you check DirecTV Latin America site has a link to Sky Mexico (and also to Sky Brazil)

How many tps do you have @ 119w after the transition to E14 and what dish size are you using ?

I totally agree with you on the Dish Mexico thing, last time I checked their website and list channel I saw they had a very limited channel offer.

I have TPs 6-21 on 119, the first 5 being spot beams, I believe. I receive everything in my 250 package off 110 and 119. I am using an old DirectTV 1.1 meter dish with a custom made dual LNB arm. After repointing once the new E14 satellite orbit was stabilized, the only noticable effect of the change in forward error correction is a bit earlier rain fade and weather fade, but nothing ctitical. I do have plans to upsize to a 1.8 meter dish later in the year, which according to my installer will ease the fade problem a bit.

I know I have been luckier with most, probably as a result of my physical location. I am very far east, right on the edge of the Caribbean and closer to the projected edge of the footprint than friends ffurther south and/or east of me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)