Mexico signal issues

Not all. Just the locals from the So. Florida spot beams, and Dish Network's NY locals on TP20. You can still get NY and SF on TP15.

You've got to be careful on blanket quotes. I'm in the south end of the Hotel Zone with a 1.1 meter old DirectTV dish with 2 LNBs for 119 and 110. We have zero problems with the New York locals on the CONUS beam and in fact, during the satellite shuffle in June, the locals were a constant. We never lost them. We are experiencing some problems with LOS on TPs 9 and 13 on 119 for a few hours a day, and not every day. Go figure. 110 is solid. I've noticed earlier rain fade, probably due to the FEC changes. I'll be going to a 1.8 meter dish later in the year but meanwhile have perfectly serviceable service.

Interesting. Looks like you still have TP 20 on a 1.1 while Cozumel doesn't? Maybe someone can post some updated signal readings from there.

Alan, if you go to Satkml: Echostar 14 119W TC1R Conus and zoom in on Cozumel, you'll see that the majority of the island is outside the fringe band off the new 119 satellite. Cancun is well inside inside that fringe.

It also looks like they're planning ahead for Cuba, doesn't it?

Interesting. Looks like you still have TP 20 on a 1.1 while Cozumel doesn't? Maybe someone can post some updated signal readings from there.

Moderate cloud cover, 12:35 PM signal level of 27 on TP20 1.1 meter dish.

In speaking with a friend, he says the CONUS signal onCozumel is very dependent upon location, with acceptable levels some places and unlockable in others. Further south, it gets worse.

Amazing that the signal could cut off so steeply/completely. East of the line reads 110 cm. West of the line reads 450 cm.

SatBeams - Satellite Coverage Maps - Sat Footprint Directv 5 (TEMPO 1) / Directv 6 (Tempo 2) / Echostar 10 (Echostar X) / Echostar 11 (Echostar XI)

Alan,
Thanks for the link, never saw that before. According to that site, the DirecTV 103/99 Satellites have better Mexico coverage than the DirecTV 101 Satellite. :dev

Very interesting, thanks again

Hi, "Mexico Pete" are you still in Seattle? As you might remember, I have a 6' antenna and I've heard that very few channels can be picked up now on 110 here. I'm going to lose my mind watching Dish Mexico. Sky Mexico is great compared to it. Maybe the new Mexican census will help us English speakers get more English programming.

Will a 6' pick up anything? Can I pick up any 119 channels with my 3' antenna?

It's hard to believe that many transponders are being picked up in Zihuatanejo so far south of Chapala. I'd be happy with that many if I can get them.

I live in Chapala and I'm using a 6ft. dish for Sat. 119 and all transponders are coming in 24 hrs. a day, when it's not raining. You may need to get a 8ft. dish if your 6ft. doesn't bring them in.

Hi Pamela; Good to see your name here. I'm back in Ajijic enjoying the rain. Right now, I'm watching Shaw Direct. Once things settle down with Echo* 15 maybe I will play around again. Right now I'm getting a few channels on 110 and I still need to better position the LNB (It's too far away from the 2.4 meter dish or focal point) and then better boresite it in on 129.

It's just that I'm too lazy to try, especially with all of the rain. I do have though, 1.2, 1.8, & 2.4 meter Ku band satellite dishes and a 12 foot moveable C/Ku band dish that I should mount a DISH LNB on. Just maybe I might get reasonable programming. It's just that the BUD dish can't far enough east to get 61.5 or 72.7 or what ever it is.

Yes, my back yard looks like an antenna farm

Hi Pamela; Good to see your name here. I'm back in Ajijic enjoying the rain. Right now, I'm watching Shaw Direct. Once things settle down with Echo* 15 maybe I will play around again. Right now I'm getting a few channels on 110 and I still need to better position the LNB (It's too far away from the 2.4 meter dish or focal point) and then better boresite it in on 129.

It's just that I'm too lazy to try, especially with all of the rain. I do have though, 1.2, 1.8, & 2.4 meter Ku band satellite dishes and a 12 foot moveable C/Ku band dish that I should mount a DISH LNB on. Just maybe I might get reasonable programming. It's just that the BUD dish can't far enough east to get 61.5 or 72.7 or what ever it is.

Yes, my back yard looks like an antenna farm

You put them on the ground instead of the roof? I need to do that. I can't/won't climb up on the roof. Where did you get the 12ft? If I got a 12' and enough arms, that would solve all my problems. On Steve's site, the rain is already more than 2008 and downtown Ajijic could be flooded this year. Aren't you up in the mountains? If not start building an antenna Ark.

Do you know what channels are on Echostar 15? I looked at Lyngsat and none are listed yet. The footprint of 15 covers all of Mexico so we would get a good signal here.

E15 will provide programming @ 61.5 as part of the Eastern Arc (61.5, 72.7, 77); Western Arc (110, 119, 129).

The majority of core SD programming for the Eastern Arc is provided by Nimiq 5 @ 72.7 and the footprint for that sat is worse than E14 for Mexico. The various threads for E15 don’t indicate any of the core programming will be moved from 72.7 to 61.5 once E15 comes online.

There is a lot of core HD programming @ 61.5, and the word is E15 will be taking over all/most Conus duties there, so if you are setup for HD it could be a good option.
Keep in mind, the Eastern Arc is MPEG4 so you will need a compatible receiver to get programming there. Compatible Receivers ViP211, ViP222, ViP612, ViP622 and ViP722.

Nimiq 5 footprint
Satkml: Nimiq 5 72.7W TXL Conus
Dish Channel Chart
SatelliteGuys.US - Subscription subdish

I am new to Zumpango, Mexico (just north of Mexico City) and I am trying to get my dish network satellite to work! Does it work and how do I do it if it does???? HELP!!!

I am new to Zumpango, Mexico (just north of Mexico City) and I am trying to get my dish network satellite to work! Does it work and how do I do it if it does???? HELP!!!
There are no good options for reasonable reception of DN as far south as you are. Your best option for your area is Sh**D- Canadian sat programming.

You will need a large dish, 6 to 8ft.
What Sat. are you wanting?
I live in Chapala I have a 6ft. for Sat. 119 and a 8ft. for Sat.129 the HD channels.
Getting 119 day and night when it does not rain.
129 only comes in afternoons this time of year but gets much better after the rainy season.

You will need a large dish, 6 to 8ft.
What Sat. are you wanting?
I live in Chapala I have a 6ft. for Sat. 119 and a 8ft. for Sat.129 the HD channels.
Getting 119 day and night when it does not rain.
129 only comes in afternoons this time of year but gets much better after the rainy season.
I have heard from friends south of Morelia that a 2.4mt. antenna did not work on either bird. Slobo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)