Mexico signal issues

Locals in Mexico

Most in Mexico get locals from the supplier other then Dish that provides locals (don't have name in front of me), should this effect those as well. My locals are gone. Used to get San Fran and NY, can I change to Atlanta locals or other city to get locals back?

Wow interesting topic, didn't know we had a lot of users here from Mexico with Dish subs.

Think you answered it yourself... looks like you get the odds from E14 but not the evens. Could be a cabling issue...LNB...or quite possibly just different powers/footprints on the left hand and right hand transponders.

I am getting evens like 02 and 06 so it's not a cabling issue. BTW, I am in Costa Rica.

Well macdemexico, assuming you were getting your locals from Allamericandirect, HD Locals from LA and Chicago are on 110 so it may work for you if you have the right receiver.

Yes missing now some TPs in Mexico City

Recvr 311
Dish 4 ft (1.20 mts)
Mexico City
Weather Clear

01 - 0
02 - 34
03 - 0
04 - 0
05 - 0
06 - 40
07 - 0
08 - 0
09 - 0
10 - 40
11 - 125 (strange now it has max strength)
12 - 0
13 -41
14 -37
15 - 125 !!!
16 - 0
17 - 40
18 - 37
19 - 125
20 - 0 Gone with the NY locals
21 - 43

I will see what happens next week with the rest of the transition, maybe it's time for me to start thinking about *choice

All the best

Those are great readings man is your dish magical? Mine is 8 feet and i'm not getting those numbers! AQre you sure you live in mexico city?

alexcast

Where did you buy your dish? Mexico or US? I dont need the specific vendor but would like to know its origin.
Is it made in Mexico?
Offset?
fiberglass?

8x9? Is that some kind of elliptical? Never come across one that big. Do you have a link or name to search on?

My big dish is a Channel Master Dish clon, it's made in Mexico, Fiber Glass and Aluminum it's offset, it´s 8' lenght by 9' tall here some pics:

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/643...1003101345.jpg
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/2...1003101345.jpg
http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/9...1003101345.jpg
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/411...1003101345.jpg
http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/8...1003101345.jpg
http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/255...1003101344.jpg
http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/2...1003101344.jpg
http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/195...1003101343.jpg

Mexico had a lot of subscribers but now with this changes i think i will decreased.

Just got my shaw direct that uses a smaller dish

Most in Mexico get locals from the supplier other then Dish that provides locals (don't have name in front of me), should this effect those as well. My locals are gone. Used to get San Fran and NY, can I change to Atlanta locals or other city to get locals back?

Mac please confirm this because AAD in SD from SF and NY are coming from transponder 15 is this correct?

and im getting in my 2.4 mtrs dish at transponder 15... 52 signal

what are you getting on this transponder what dish do you have???

Originally Posted by pro96
Wow interesting topic, didn't know we had a lot of users here from Mexico with Dish subs.

Thats for sure,
I know of a few who get DirecTV in Mexico, but most of them are closer to the border, Can you get the DirecTV 101 sat signal in Mexico City?

alexcast,
That is an impressive set-up, maybe with that big of dish, you need to re-adjust the LNB's for the Satellite changeover.

Mac please confirm this because AAD in SD from SF and NY are coming from transponder 15 is this correct?

and im getting in my 2.4 mtrs dish at transponder 15... 52 signal

what are you getting on this transponder what dish do you have???

I am on vacation and not in house to check. I liver in San Miguel De Allende and my Dish is a 2Mtr Dish I believe and a smaller Dish used for HD. My nephew who lives with me is reporting most channels still alive but no NY or San Fran locals, no E,no A and E,no ESPN, etc.I am not near as technical as most here, more of a consumer. However I tried to get Chicago locals about 6 months ago and couldn't do it. Have they moved to a new satellite? People are freaking here esp those with small Dishes who are getting nothing now.

Anyone know if a Dish receiver can be hacked to work with Shaw?

Mac, remember nothing gets hacked in this forum. Shaw is a different beast, you'll need a Shaw receiver. You probably already read the post of someone who has info on a Shaw broker.

They are very different. On E14. they're better focused on the US with much less bleed-over to my part of Mexico and other parts of countries outside of the US

Sadly that makes sense. If you need a certain amount of signal strength over all of the US and less bleedover into other countries, like Mexico, and you can do it, you are using less energy. Heck in the old days, you know the 80s the signals were so strong that they reached almost the equator.

Now by only having good signal strength in the US with less bleedover into other countries one needs less power and the satellite can last longer because it uses less power (Well maybe I should say it needs fewer solar panels or less energy per unit of time) . Sadly that means when I travel south for the winter to central Mexico, I need a bigger dish.....

Gosh I hope I'm wrong and there is more bleedover reaching as far south as 20 latitude, where I live in the winter. I would hate to have to continue to pay for DISH and get fewer channels than I'm paying for. At least the HD CONUS channels on 129 W are viewable with a large dish (2.4 meters or larger) along the shores of Lake Chapala.

Hi MexicoPete and everyone, I'm glad I found this thread, I didn't know of this transition but I found out last night the hard way, many of my channels disappeared, , luckily I found all this great info here.
I'm very far from an expert on this matters, do you think the signal will still reach Mexico City on the new E7 or this is it for us living down here? I hope not.

Mac, remember nothing gets hacked in this forum. Shaw is a different beast, you'll need a Shaw receiver. You probably already read the post of someone who has info on a Shaw broker.
I'm interested in that Shaw broker info, where can I get it?.

Thank you.

Last edited:
would Shaw direct signal be available in Colombia?

Not possible unless you get a 16 feet dish!

Thats for sure,
I know of a few who get DirecTV in Mexico, but most of them are closer to the border, Can you get the DirecTV 101 sat signal in Mexico City?

alexcast,
That is an impressive set-up, maybe with that big of dish, you need to re-adjust the LNB's for the Satellite changeover.

Thank you PMKS that's correct after the changes i will re-adjust the LNB so i can reach at more as possible.

About DTV 101 some people en Mexico City uses 8 feet dishes to get that bird but it's limited, it seems that a 10feet dish solve the loose of signal but it's not affordable to every one

I am on vacation and not in house to check. I liver in San Miguel De Allende and my Dish is a 2Mtr Dish I believe and a smaller Dish used for HD. My nephew who lives with me is reporting most channels still alive but no NY or San Fran locals, no E,no A and E,no ESPN, etc.I am not near as technical as most here, more of a consumer. However I tried to get Chicago locals about 6 months ago and couldn't do it. Have they moved to a new satellite? People are freaking here esp those with small Dishes who are getting nothing now.

Anyone know if a Dish receiver can be hacked to work with Shaw?

Yesterday i just got signal and no video on channel 245 it said it was WABC but i ignore where is that channel from.

Hi MexicoPete and everyone, I'm glad I found this thread, I didn't know of this transition but I found out last night the hard way, many of my channels disappeared, , luckily I found all this great info here.
I'm very far from an expert on this matters, do you think the signal will still reach Mexico City on the new E7 or this is it for us living down here? I hope not.

I'm interested in that Shaw broker info, where can I get it?.

Thank you.

defuentes, signal is still available in mexico city but no with small dishes, you would need a 2.4meter dish for that and you will loose some TP on rainy days.

Cheers