Miam Mpeg4 - HD Tivo

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I got some info on this (i think).

On feb 28 I ordered an mpg4 set top box and the new 5lnb dish for local HDs. The rep at direct tv said april will be the date local HD should be available. I agree that if you can get local HD over the air, why bother... the problem is that I live nexdt to an airport, anbd every time a plan flys by, I loose my hd picture or gets distorted (very annoying). Hence, the satellite option seems to be the best alternative.
Also, it makes no difference now, but you could have ordered the upgrade on or before feb 28, and avoided the lease program.

belias21 said:
So you have the HR10-250 but don't subscribe to the HD plan? I was wondering if I could do that. I'm getting my HD locals OTA for now anyways, so why do I need to pay $10.99 for 6 or 8 lame-ass fulltime HD channels right now?

I just didn't know if the DVR would still recognize those channels, or if they could somehow screw us and turn off that functionality.

Well. I actually do subscribe to the HD package because I watch a lot of programming on ESPN-HD and ESPN2-HD. But, to answer your question, I see no reason why the HR10-250 can't be used to pick up HD locals using an OTA antenna even if the HD plan is not activated. That's basically what happened to me after Hurricane Wilma. The storm blew the dish off my house and I was without satellite programming for a couple of weeks until I could get an installer out to my home. But, in the meantime, I used the HR10-250 to pick up the HD locals using my indoor OTA antenna. (The DVR service didn't work because I didn't have a dish, and my service was temporarily suspended. But I got OTA HD locals just fine).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Discovery HD 3D Glasses

AT9 Mast Offset Distance?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts