Miami Hurricanes hire Al Golden from Temple

Lol. The coach from New Mexico State must've turned them down. This guy was next on their list. :D
BBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! as usual :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

it was the coach of the football team in london called the silly nanny's :eek::D

Seriously though, how do you go from "almost" hiring one of the most sought after NFL head coaches in John Gruden to the freaking coach from the Pop Warner Conference?!!!! ZOINKS!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :D

Seriously though, how do you go from "almost" hiring one of the most sought after NFL head coaches in John Gruden to the freaking coach from the Pop Warner Conference?!!!! ZOINKS!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :D
its sad. i hope i'm wrong about this but man i'm disappointed by this decision. :cool: i think tom landry could coach this team better. :eek::eek:
yes i'm aware he passed years ago. WHAT DOES THAT TELL YA??!!!1:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Well....

...my initial reaction was ...WTF???!!!! But I have to admit, his resume LOOKED promising.

- Temple went 3-31 in the three seasons before Golden arrived; the Owls were 1-11 in his first season there, then won 26 games over the past four years.

- Played at Penn State under Paterno.

- Knows the Atlantic Coast Conference, having spent time as an assistant at both Virginia and Boston College, and was once the youngest defensive coordinator in major college football.

- Golden was a candidate for several other high-level jobs in recent years, including UCLA and Tennessee.

So, I promised all of my Miami Hurricane fans/buddies that I will hold judgement and give the guy a chance. In the end, NO ONE knew who the hell was 'this Jimmy Johnson guy' or 'Dennis Erickson who?' ..and what they did for the football program was amazing as far as a winning product.

SO, we shall see.....:up

Who?

From Gruden to Golden. Priceless!!! LMAO!

That was my question. Who?

Lol. The coach from New Mexico State must've turned them down. This guy was next on their list. :D

Salsa's going to flip! LOL!

BBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! as usual :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

it was the coach of the football team in london called the silly nanny's :eek::D

i said "who the hell is this??" when i saw this yesterday lol

its sad. i hope i'm wrong about this but man i'm disappointed by this decision. :cool: i think tom landry could coach this team better. :eek::eek:
yes i'm aware he passed years ago. WHAT DOES THAT TELL YA??!!!1:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
Auburn fans were talking crap like this about Gene Chizik too. ;) :)

Not sure who fared better Minnesota with Jerry Kill or Miami with Al Golden. Despite his wins it needs to be out in perspective.

1. Temple is in the MAC.
2. He had one bowl game
3. It should tell you the view on Miami Football if the candidates names tossed out passed.
4. Gene Chizic has Cam to thank. He didn't fair good last year and lets see next when he is with Cam.

Miami reality:

- Miami is a private school. It does not have a state government (or a chuch) to underwrite it. It has to make money at athletics on an actual basis, which is not the same as most public schools which claim to make money, but which charge off most of the infastructure and residual costs to the general state budget.

- Miami left the Big Least because its live gate has never been great, even when it was winning big. It hoped the ACC would increase that. It has not.

- They tore the Orange Bowl down. The team now plays in a (by modern standards) older stadium miles from its campus. It tarps offs a lot of capacity and still plays before small crowds.

- Miami is a bad live gate town, and, IMHO, the town where the local teams have the lowest %age of people who consider them "we" in the country.

- The Heat.

- None of the kids currently being recruited were alive when the players that made UM great were playing, even in the NFL. It is ancient history.

Miami was lightining in a bottle. Captured once. Its over.

Miami reality:

- Miami is a private school. It does not have a state government (or a chuch) to underwrite it. It has to make money at athletics on an actual basis, which is not the same as most public schools which claim to make money, but which charge off most of the infastructure and residual costs to the general state budget.

Very true and something some folks just do not understand, ESPECIALLY when it comes to this "Miami does not have good facilities" conversation.

-Miami left the Big Least because its live gate has never been great, even when it was winning big. It hoped the ACC would increase that. It has not.

The real reason was because they ALREADY had the football program established and wanted to establish the basketball program....which was in disarray. They figured/thought that by moving to the ACC, this would improve that.

They tore the Orange Bowl down. The team now plays in a (by modern standards) older stadium miles from its campus. It tarps offs a lot of capacity and still plays before small crowds.

Unfortunately, this goes back to being a small private school. There is more alumni in Miami from Florida State and Florida than there is probably total number of Miami Alumni.
MOST of the students that come to The U is from the northeast. And UNLIKE alot of college towns, there are professional teams in the city of Miami. MOST big time schools, are college towns with no professional teams in site.

Miami is a bad live gate town, and, IMHO, the town where the local teams have the lowest %age of people who consider them "we" in the country.

That is partially true, Miami, have very few Miami born fans. As stated before, there are very few people actually born in South Florida...something like 40%, from what I once read. Those that are NON-Miami/South Florida fans ONLY come out in the playoffs. The true Miami fans support the team year round. Also, the ONLY team that really has a good long history is the Dolphins. The Heat, Marlins and Panthers all came in the 90s....as opposed to the Dolphins that have been around since the 60s.

The Heat.

Yep.

None of the kids currently being recruited were alive when the players that made UM great were playing, even in the NFL. It is ancient history.

So much of this is opinion. Ok, yes, NONE where alive....but no college team has more active involvement from the former players now in the NFL than former Miami players. They are VERY visible during ALL games, home and away on the sidelines.

And YES, it is ancient history....but so is ALL OTHER schools past. Please remember that when you and other folks bring up your schools past as well.;)

Miami reality:

- Miami left the Big Least because its live gate has never been great, even when it was winning big. It hoped the ACC would increase that. It has not.

- They tore the Orange Bowl down. The team now plays in a (by modern standards) older stadium miles from its campus. It tarps offs a lot of capacity and still plays before small crowds.

- Miami is a bad live gate town, and, IMHO, the town where the local teams have the lowest %age of people who consider them "we" in the country.

- The Heat.

- None of the kids currently being recruited were alive when the players that made UM great were playing, even in the NFL. It is ancient history.

Ouch. This Golden guy is a Red Bank Catholic Catholic grad from here in the Shore Conference. Hopefully he can do something.

Sandra