Michigan Still #2 in the BCS

The point to the match-up is who cares. You would not get the nation to tune into the game. It is the same as the world series this year. Many people did not believe that Detroit and St. Louis were the best teams at the time so they just didn't care.

I agree with your point about people not tuning in, the game would still be a sell out but the ratings would stink.
As for the Tigers and Cards .... People can think what they want both teams were right up there all year, they deserved to be playing.
Do you want to see the two best teams (baseball) playing, or do you want to just pick teams want to watch ?
If thats the case, the Red Sox and Yankees would play in the playoffs every year and there would be no need to play the season.

But thats another thread .... from a month ago.

Jimbo

If the ratings stink then you loose your advertising revenue. That is why it will never happen.

Don't get me wrong I was very glad that the Tigers made it. I have been a Tigers fan since I can remember. It has been long seasons in the past rooting for the Tigers and Lions.

If the ratings stink then you loose your advertising revenue. That is why it will never happen.

Don't get me wrong I was very glad that the Tigers made it. I have been a Tigers fan since I can remember. It has been long seasons in the past rooting for the Tigers and Lions.

Lions lose again, stay in the hunt for Troy Smith or Brady Quinn,
then again, they could have had Matt Leinert, but passed on him too.

FIRE MILLEN

Jimbo

I wouldn't wish any player the luck to have Detroit pick them in the draft. Troy Smith better enjoy holding his Heisman, that may be the last thing he will win if he goes to the Lions.

I agree - Fire Millen

Do you trust Millen with a No.1 in the NFL draft? This guy needs to be fired now, before he does any more damage.

Hell No, Look what he's done in the last several years.
1 good receiver, R. Williams
Charles Rogers is out of football last I checked
Mike Williams doesn't want to play, just collect a check, has he suited up for more than half the games this year ?

Will they end up with a record bad enough for the 1st pick ?
Oakland is also working hard at it.
Arizona just lost the right.

Would Detroit draft a QB or someone else ?

More than likely they would NOT take a QB, they could have had M. Lienert, he's looking pretty good.

Brady or T. Smith , I would go with Smith because he can scramble and that is a major requirement in Detroit.

But, Millen will probably take thetop Wide Receiver he can find .....

Jimbo

Guys, I couldn't agree any more with you's. Millen the Fords and the Lions are the laughing stock of the league. I wish Ford would sell the team. He has been the common thread for the last 45 years or so. No matter who is coaching or playing the results have been the same. Year after year of futility. I get offered free tickets to every home game, and I refuse to go. I will not support this crap. So i say FIRE FORD!!! Kill the head and the rest will die, and then maybe we will get the football team Detroit deserves.

Football teams are built from the ball out and back. That means offensive and defensive lines first. It took Cincinnati over a decade to figure that out, Detroit 45 years and counting.

Very much agreed Digital. You interested in the GM job? I'll put in the word with Ford for you. I was happy to see Harrington pick us apart yesterday. A good QB that was almost destroyed by the Lions while he was here. Detroit is where coaches and QB careers die. Maybe Millen will die. The Ford's need to fire millen on Monday, and find a real football man to run this team.

Someone who understands football if the linemen are good anything is possible the back don't have to be great just good if the linemen are great.

The Ford's need to fire millen on Monday, and find a real football man to run this team.

Won't happen in the middle of a year, with the Ford's it's unlikley to happen till Millen wants to move on.
Do the Ford's treat thier employees the same way ?
Regardless how you do your job, you get to keep your job ?

Jimbo

Someone who understands football if the linemen are good anything is possible the back don't have to be great just good if the linemen are great.

You are exactly right ....
Whens the last time you can say the Lions had a good Offensive (or DL for that matter), they have a player that is good on the line once in a while, but they have always struggled with the line.

Oh wait, they must have had a good line in '57, I was not here then.
I wish Barry had one, but they never fixed it then either.

Jimbo

If Barry Sanders played behind Dallas's or Denver's line, he would have set unbreakable records for rushing. It's a real statement to his talent to accumulate the numbers he did, playing behind the dogshit lines he played behind. How come everybody but Millen understands that you build a football team from the lines out?

I'll be watching this Sunday. Always a pleasure to watch a real football team (New England). Back to MILLEN, I don't see the Lions firing him at this time, possibly because they could end up eating Marinelli's contract also, see as a new Gm would probably want his own man to coach. Amazing how the Lions mirror Ford Motor Co. (both on a long losing streak). That being said I'm taking a different tack- FIRE FORD!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)