GEOSATpro Micro HD and SG9120B

N0QBH

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 13, 2006
Central MN
Has anyone else noticed their SG9120 dish mover seems to start and stop on it's way to the new satellite?
I put my Diseqc decoder in line and it looks like it happens each time the Micro HD resends the move dish to... command - about every 4 seconds until the receiver sees a signal.

I use it on my 9120B, seems like it did that at first but it doesn't now. What version of firmware are you running?

Please update to the current firmware and let us know if the issue continues. No use in trying troubleshoot issues occurring on an outdated firmware version.

Brian beat me too it, but yes upgrade to the current version and see if that takes care of it, if not then bring it up and Brian will be glad to discuss it with you.;)

Back up and upgrade went OK, but I am unable to reload any of my .udf information.
Restoring everything from the allcode gets me back to normal except the old firmware is reloaded.
Obviously, I'm doing something wrong even though the instructs seem very straightforward.
Is there a link here somewhere with docs for dummies?

Brian beat me too it, but yes upgrade to the current version and see if that takes care of it, if not then bring it up and Brian will be glad to discuss it with you.;)

As is often the solution when frustrated, I gave it the rest of the day off and started fresh the next day.
I was able to get both the 8/29 upgrade and my personal settings to play together - I think the key was to power cycle the Micro HD after installing the user settings.
At first glance, it appears the mover behavior is the same as before, but I have to do some more research.
I'm just glad we have such a vibrant support group :)

I've had an interesting event with my micro HD and the new firmware the other day while editing the channel list.
Somehow I managed to delete every satellite except for the one I was editing the channels on (83W).
At that point, I reloaded the old FW and settings (thank goodness for the saved file!).
As an electronic tech myself, I'm leaning towards fat fingers as the culprit, but am at a total loss to explain how??
All I was doing was deleting unwanted channels after a fresh scan of the satellite.

As for the SG9120B, I think the mover has issues of it's own and I will pursue warranty repairs.
I eventually plan to replace it with a DG-380 mover, but it has a 55mm shaft and I'll have to build an adapter to mate it to my Ku dish.

Fat fingers have gotten all of us in trouble.

No need to reload firmware if you did not save a new default list over the factory default list. Simply performing a Factory Reset will restore the satellites and transponder list that was downloaded with current firmware and delete the user file.

I've had an interesting event with my micro HD and the new firmware the other day while editing the channel list.
Somehow I managed to delete every satellite except for the one I was editing the channels on (83W).
At that point, I reloaded the old FW and settings (thank goodness for the saved file!).
As an electronic tech myself, I'm leaning towards fat fingers as the culprit, but am at a total loss to explain how??
All I was doing was deleting unwanted channels after a fresh scan of the satellite.

As for the SG9120B, I think the mover has issues of it's own and I will pursue warranty repairs.
I eventually plan to replace it with a DG-380 mover, but it has a 55mm shaft and I'll have to build an adapter to mate it to my Ku dish.

There is now a "B" model of the DG380 available from Sadoun, with the smaller shaft.

There is now a "B" model of the DG380 available from Sadoun, with the smaller shaft.

correct, I ordered one yesterday; IIRC, limited quantities of the B model Page says "Limited Qty - Available 8/25/2012"
but I ordered one on 10-11-12 and it shipped. (I hope, ... e-mail says it did, but I have a missed call from them today on ans machine but no msg)

#Edited:
Re-checked the E-mail, they shipped the Angle finder and haven't yet shipped the MicroHD and
DG380B motor yet.

Last edited:

It's been a year and swapping units (assuming Sadoun would do it) would cost plenty in shipping.
I've got a simple design in mind that should solve my problem. If it works out I'll share.
I suppose first I should ask if anyone knows if you can swap a 42mm shaft from a SG9120B to a DG380 mover?
That would be the simplest solution:)

It's been a year and swapping units (assuming Sadoun would do it) would cost plenty in shipping.
I've got a simple design in mind that should solve my problem. If it works out I'll share.
I suppose first I should ask if anyone knows if you can swap a 42mm shaft from a SG9120B to a DG380 mover?
That would be the simplest solution:)

I doubt you can swap the shafts. However, that wouldn't stop you from shoving a smaller stepped-down shaft up the middle of the present 55mm shaft, bolting it in, and attaching the dish to that one.

Sadoun shows a 42mm shaft for the DG380... it's listed at $13... maybe that's an option for you?
That could work if they ever got them restocked

(at sadoun dot net support forum is a thread)
Forum
SATELLITE TV
Satellite Equipment
System Installation
HH Motors
Sadoun PowerTech
Re: need to buy a 42mm tube for dg380, sadoun doesn't have any

I got my second microHD and an angle finder from them today, but the DG380B I ordered wasn't there, and no e-mail saying it shipped yet, no notice saying it was backordered ... just the credit card receipt Email that I bought it
I got my 90cm dish and LNBF today from SattelliteAV, so it would be nice to have a motor ...

I doubt you can swap the shafts. However, that wouldn't stop you from shoving a smaller stepped-down shaft up the middle of the present 55mm shaft, bolting it in, and attaching the dish to that one.
If they won't fit...
I plan to make a 55mm to 42mm adapter by making an inverted "U" of 1-1/4" pipe and flat iron.
The pipe side would go into the dish clamp from above and the other would have a pair of 2" Ubolt clamps welded in line to attach to the DG-380 mover.

I just got off the phone
DG380B is on backorder, unknown when they may have any

Looks like I'm ordering a new SG9120B ... I'll let you know if mine gets issues

Last edited:
sadoun called 10/12 and said they were on two to three weeks backorder on the small shaft on the 380. i have had one on order for a couple of weeks. the guy at sadoun said if the big shaft doesn't work for me, they will ship the smaller shaft to me. that tells me that the shaft is replaceable. told them to ship the bigger shaft. charlie

Regarding your online order for 1 Motor as SG9120B, just let you know this product is not available in stock right now until next 2 months
WS International (Galaxy-Marketing)

===========================

Grrrr I neeeeeed a motor, Sadoun is out, WSI (Galaxy-Marketing) is out

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)