Status
Please reply by conversation.

jmc98

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 11, 2005
32.750N 97.488W Fort worth Tx
Monday evening I ran 100 ft of rg6 quadshield coax to fix a problem with I was having with multiple coax cable splice together and I swapped out my sl1pll lnb for a avenger 321pll s2 universal lnb and everything ran good Monday night and yesterday early morning then last night for some reason the motor stop tracking the arc correctly and now I get no quality and just signal. What could be going on and what am I missing ?

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Could be a number of things. I'm sure you are completely unplugging the microHD before doing anything with cables, right? You may have to reset the DG-380 out at the dish. That's probably what I would try first.

Yep could be a number of things, not knowing your full set-up. Maybe a connector did not take well on the new coax and only briefly worked. Check all connections that you replaced looking for stray wires from the shield. Also as NG said, you may just have to reset the 380, may have just been a coincidence. I have to reset mine from time to time. Are your stingers long enough on your new connectors? Sometimes too short and will not make a good connection. I could go on and on, but yeah just run through everything and double check it all. :)

Yep could be a number of things, not knowing your full set-up. Maybe a connector did not take well on the new coax and only briefly worked. Check all connections that you replaced looking for stray wires from the shield. Also as NG said, you may just have to reset the 380, may have just been a coincidence. I have to reset mine from time to time. Are your stingers long enough on your new connectors? Sometimes too short and will not make a good connection. I could go on and on, but yeah just run through everything and double check it all. :)

Is reseting the 380 holding the limit switches with the motor cable unhooked ?

Yep that is what you do and then apply power. I have done it too like NG said, if I can get two fingers on the same hand to coordinate with each other and hold down the buttons, then with the other hand I hook the F-Connector back up. Keep holding for about 10 seconds after power is applied.

Seems like everything is working fine had to change a couple vertical transponders to horizontal to make the dish move the only other issue I can't figure out is how to make it move in Diseqc 1.2 so I can try for 30W but that's for a different day at least I have my system working again I hope

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)