Status
Please reply by conversation.

SatelliteAV

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 3, 2004
Roseville, CA
Please use this thread to post your comments regarding the beta firmware testing on version .13 dated 11/14/2014

*fix - h.264 service logging on muxes with multiple signal source types
*fix - cycling reboot on corrupted user .udf file
*fix - reboot on satellite list deactivation

Well first thing I did when I got it was delete all transponders I had on 99W C-Band even the ones I had to put in manually. I then did a fresh Blindscan, and tada, the the NBC and FOX feeds scanned right in with no issues. Next thing is to try and get it to go into a loop cycle.

Ok I just went in and deleted all Tps on 99w and then immediately went back to try and watch the channel I was watching. I got a strange blimp on the screen and thought for a second it was going to go into a loop, but nope it moved over to 101W and popped in to ThisTV. So that didn't throw it for a loop, so looks like you have successfully cured it Brian.

Ok I just went in and deleted all Tps on 99w and then immediately went back to try and watch the channel I was watching. I got a strange blimp on the screen and thought for a second it was going to go into a loop, but nope it moved over to 101W and popped in to ThisTV. So that didn't throw it for a loop, so looks like you have successfully cured it Brian.

Goodyear,Met Life,Fuji ? :D

100_0239.JPG
Took this from my front porch.

That is neat. But lets get this thread back to topic. :)

I deleted all transponders from Galaxy 16 C-Band @ 99.0°Wa blind scan got a bunch of channels that were written to the channel list including 6 "NO Name" channels from 3848H 15030. With the exception of one (out of the 6) channel in that MUX, the remaining 5 channels displayed Video and played audio. Should the sixth channel carry Audio/Video too?

Now, the big one. To test the rebooting issue I loaded a known corrupt userdb.udf file, and I'm sorry to report that the MicroHD immediately went into endless rebooting cycle. After observing the rebooting loop for a couple of minutes, I used the USB/TTL cable and restored my MicroHD to a working condition.

Brian, if you need the corrupt Userdb.udf file for further testing, I will forward it to you.

I will be testing this " *fix - reboot on satellite list deactivation" later. Time to get some sleep!

Yes, the 7th channel of the PR 99w mux is blank (check out "The List").

The new firmware version .13 20121114 will not fix a corrupted .udf file that is loaded. I would expect a corrupted .udf file to remain corrupted and result in rebooting the STB. Go ahead and delete the old corrupted files as we do not need to test.

This firmware version will not create the user .udf file corruptions that resulted in a reboot or the cycle reboots.

Last edited:
Yes, the 7th channel of the PR 99w mux is blank (check out "The List").

The new firmware version .13 20121114 will not fix a corrupted .udf file that is loaded. I would expect a corrupted .udf file to remain corrupted and result in rebooting the STB. Go ahead and delete the old corrupted files as we do not need to test.

This firmware version will not create the user .udf file corruptions that resulted in a reboot or the cycle reboots.

Thanks for the clarifications.

Can the new firmware check a .udf file before it is uploaded to prevent it from causing the boot loop? I am new and am afraid of using a channel editor because I don't want to take a chance on messing up the file and causing this problem.

Can the new firmware check a .udf file before it is uploaded to prevent it from causing the boot loop? I am new and am afraid of using a channel editor because I don't want to take a chance on messing up the file and causing this problem.

The new firmware does not validate a file.

You will not have issues with the PC based ALI Editor .udf file if you start with the .udf file saved from the microHD. The ALI Editor is not corrupting the .udf file and has never been an issue.

So far, so good. Here's first notes and questions;

1.) When you start update, warning notice asks to select "OK" to continue, but, choices given are YES or NO. (not a problem just a nit-pick.)
2.) After update, micro automatically does a reset and re-boot. (again, a nit-pick, just need to edit the user manual.)
Questions;
In the Satellite Activation menu, could it be programmed to drop the cursor to the next sat after "OK" pressed? I think it would be nice if it could, easier to select/deselect multiple sats.

For the 'LNB LO" selection in the motor/switch screen, could there be an option to apply setting to all sats, or, all activated sats? Just another thing to make it easier...

The key press response is sometimes slow, but the buffer retains many presses. Can this be improved? maybe make buffer smaller, like 3 presses? or, make it wait til function complete until next press allowed?

Just passing along these thoughts... No real problems found yet:)

so far installation of new firmware went well. after the reboot i was thinking that then i didn't have to shut down and restart this time. did it and seems ok so far. dumped all channels. then did a blind scan on the preprogrammed tp's so i could get c and k band at the same time. when i dumped all channels i had 719 channels scanned. after the new blind scan there were over 800 channels and 99w was skipped because of actuator misalignment. added more channels after 99w was scanned. so far everything looks ok. charlie

primestar31 said:
Can anybody confirm if the 30 second SKIP for dvr'ed shows is in this release?

Not in this release. This version is addressing only the three items listed in first post.

Unsupported signal. please check the device output.

not sure if it from sony internet tv or microhd yet. i am able to go to lower channel and then picture displays. go up one channel and get the message. i am on 58w. channel that interferes is 625 english. video resolution is 'by source' aspect mode is 'auto'. i can change to video resolution '1080i' and i get the picture ok but it is wide and fills the screen. go back to 'by source' and message comes again on the tv.

4040H26589 is the signal that is giving me unsupported signal but this is the only instance so far that this has happened. charlie

The receiver is working as designed. Your TV doesn't support the resolution that the channel is transmitted with. Probably your TV doesn't support 1080p and you must reduce the microHD output resolution so your TV can display.

I personally never select output resolution by source as channel changes take so much time as the TV must sync to the new resolution type.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)