GEOSATpro microHD Database Editting

cyberham

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jun 16, 2010
5,090
3,773
Halfmoon Bay, British Columbia
Yesterday I "cleaned up" my database a little too thoroughly. I deleted 103W Ku with the plan to rescan since the tps were all so strong. Unfortunately, I forgot about the dozens of 12145 MHz audio channels that don't scan in and that I spent a couple hours manually typing in long ago.

I still have a backup of the previous database which contains these audio channels. Is there any way to only import the 103W transponder? It seems to me I must either import the whole database or nothing. I could do this but I spent time yesterday scanning each transponder in so I would lose those updates.

This is not so urgent since I guess I must retype all these into the Edision database anyway since this is my main receiver now.
 
Yeah, the way it works, it is all or nothing on restoration of a back-up.
 
So I decided to transfer a backup database from earlier this year so I could get back the audio channels on 103W. I've done this database transfer many times in past without a problem. But this time when the microHD restarted, it appears to have entered a reboot loop and won't start.

I'm now using the 480 connection to my TV to be sure it isn't in the wrong resolution which you can experience if using HDMI.

At this point, I'm dead in the water since I can't get the microHD to run. It was running fine just yesterday.

I probably have somewhere the reboot software that was issued in the beginning at time of release. Should I try to use it?
 
Yesterday I "cleaned up" my database a little too thoroughly. I deleted 103W Ku with the plan to rescan since the tps were all so strong. Unfortunately, I forgot about the dozens of 12145 MHz audio channels that don't scan in and that I spent a couple hours manually typing in long ago.
So I decided to transfer a backup database from earlier this year so I could get back the audio channels on 103W. I've done this database transfer many times in past without a problem. But this time when the microHD restarted, it appears to have entered a reboot loop and won't start.

I'm now using the 480 connection to my TV to be sure it isn't in the wrong resolution which you can experience if using HDMI.

At this point, I'm dead in the water since I can't get the microHD to run. It was running fine just yesterday.

I probably have somewhere the reboot software that was issued in the beginning at time of release. Should I try to use it?
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it a no-no to delete a transponder on the MicroHD before deleting all channels first? Never had one but swear I read that that can put it into a boot loop. If that is what happened then I recall there was some kind of procedure posted here to get it functional again.
 
It's a no-no to deactivate a satellite before deleting all transponders on the satellite. Maybe indirectly I did this by using an old database backup.

There was a procedure and cable required to fix this. I know I bought the cable (I saw invoice here today) and must have this cable here somewhere. I think you have to re-install firmware from PC using this cable.

Sent from my SM-G950W using the SatelliteGuys app!
 
It's a no-no to deactivate a satellite before deleting all transponders on the satellite. Maybe indirectly I did this by using an old database backup.

There was a procedure and cable required to fix this. I know I bought the cable (I saw invoice here today) and must have this cable here somewhere. I think you have to re-install firmware from PC using this cable.

Sent from my SM-G950W using the SatelliteGuys app!
Thanks for refreshing my memory on how exactly this boot loop issue arises. Hope you can get it fixed. :)
 
I just downloaded the virgin database from this site to the microHD and it is now running normally again. Just like it came from the factory. I had to use the USB - TTL cable bought from KE4EST 7+ years ago and install the driver software into my old Windows Vista PC. But the unit is running and has a fresh set of transponders (likely out of date now). So the little microHD lives again.
 
I just downloaded the virgin database from this site to the microHD and it is now running normally again. Just like it came from the factory. I had to use the USB - TTL cable bought from KE4EST 7+ years ago and install the driver software into my old Windows Vista PC. But the unit is running and has a fresh set of transponders (likely out of date now). So the little microHD lives again.
Good to hear it is working again. :)
 
Just an FYI for ya on the channel delete stuff. I did the same thing a few years back and since then have always deleted channels first then transponders after that and, I've gotten to where I just automatically do that on all the receivers I currently use, ie, I made it a habit I guess but it's a good one!! ;)
 
  • Like
Reactions: KE4EST and FTA4PA

Edision Channel Selection List / EPG

GEOSATpro Geosat HDVR 3500 no memory

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)