GEOSATpro Microhd No More (in Stock)

Magic Static

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 12, 2010
Montana
I guess I'm seeing the end of the microHD? SatelliteAV no longer carries them. I guess the support will soon follow. :(

I just called into SatAV to inquire about the Complete System they offer on Ebay for $199....They are currently out of stock (MicroHD) with an anticipated return in a week or less. I was also told the units would have the bugs worked out. And, you can call them directly to order-mentioning Ebay and receive Free Shipping! I'm holding out for another week or so....really nice guy on the phone btw!

I wonder what bugs they were referring to? There were some changes I would like to see, but that would be a firmware update not a hardware change. I have not heard any talk about an updated microHD version coming. That kind of thing usually gets some attention around here. Interesting...

didn't get specific, but I bet you could call and ask. He didn't try to hard sell me on what they did have-almost encouraging me to wait on the MicroHD. I appreciated his candid attitude-that was refreshing!

I guess I'm seeing the end of the microHD? SatelliteAV no longer carries them. I guess the support will soon follow. :(
Dear members, Satellite AV continues improving microHD receiver. The new batch is arriving end of next week. Unit was on back order due to issues with availability of parts in china.

Please contact us if you want to purchase one shortly.

Thank you,
Eugene

Reactions: FaT Air
Dear members, Satellite AV continues improving microHD receiver. The new batch is arriving end of next week. Unit was on back order due to issues with availability of parts in china.

Please contact us if you want to purchase one shortly.

Thank you,
Eugene
I have a friend that wanted another one. I looked on your site to get current pricing and saw it no longer listed in the receiver listings. Not just "Out of Stock" as you might expect. When I looked at your EBay listing for the "Kit" it states "now shipping with DVR1200" there was nothing to indicate that the unit was still available. Sorry I got the wrong impression.

Dear Magic Static, I did not want to list the receiver prematurely. As you can understand, there is US customs and other issues that might jeopardize public listing of the product. I will post it's availability right away when we are ready to ship.

Thank you,
Eugene

Reactions: Scott Greczkowski
I'm confused??? Is this the same microHD based on the ALI3601 chipset that I currently own, or a revision of some sort?

To my understanding its the same housing but will have a newer ALI Chip which I don't know hopefully something good.

To my understanding its the same housing but will have a newer ALI Chip which I don't know hopefully something good.
That is what I was reading. No more 3601's It will be a 3606 chip. So the microHD will be essentially a repackaged HDVR1200 with FTA firmware.

Correct the 1200 is not Ali based.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Phew....I thought the MicroHD was going away!!! I too just noticed it missing from their website, but I understand the upgrades. I am happy with my MicroHD as I purchased it a few months ago, and mine is still working perfectly....Hopefully it will not go bad anytime soon since I spoke of it! LOL So from what I can tell it will return soon by reading the above post, so I can relax now....phewwww :clapping :bow The MicroHD is an awesome receiver!