MicroHD remote can't keep up!

AJV

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 6, 2008
Cadillac, Michigan
I have a problem with the remote on the MicroHd keeping up with key stoke in the menu system.

Anyone else having this problem? I notice #109 and #110 post in the bug report and did not see

any replies. Is this something that can be fixed?

AL

I have a problem with the remote on the MicroHd keeping up with key stoke in the menu system.
I would add the worst seems to be in the antenna/motor config part of the menu system. PITA last weekend to set up the majorly used satellites in my friend's dish system because the microHD would lag my fast navigation keypressing considerably.

In the installation menu there is a RCU delay when the Satellite list is chosen and either a motor or switch is selected. This is due to DiSEqC or 22khz commands being issued to the selected satellite. An option to speed up the selection of an activated channel is not to use the Left or Right navigation keys to change satellites, press the List/Ok key and select the satellite from the list.

In the transponder section, I can hit the up or down button to move through the transponders 4 or 5 time before the highlited area starts to move.

I end up have to arrow back up after it has caught up, bercause it went too far down the page. It is slow responding going through the Media Player list

also.

And, don't forget...for best "standard" day to day operation of selection, volume, favorites, you'll do best to train a universal remote from the original. They seem to have a stronger IR output and can be used at better distance and more of an angle. No knock to the MHD setup, but most people prefer combined remotes anyway! I use a Philips learning remote, no frills and it works GREAT. Only a few select buttons cannot be taught.

It is getting the remote signal, but is slow reacting to it. If I am in the transponder screen and push the up or down arrow 4

times. the highlght area won't move till after the fourth push and then it moves 4 places.

It's probably lag from the MicroHD trying to automatically tune the channel as you go up/down the transponder list. If a transponder were not automatically tuned and you had to press the OK key (or some other key) to trigger it I would think that would correct the lag. IMHO, the same thing should be done when changing from one satellite to another in the channels list. Don't automatically tune any channel until a trigger key (OK?) is pressed.

DRCars

When in the transponder list, press List/OK key to highlight the desired TP then press OK to select.

Same type function as in the activated satellite list, LO, DiSEqC, 22khz, Motor Position and Go To X menu settings.

Last edited:
I don't follow you. I don't have to press the List/OK key to "highlight" the desired TP in the transponder list. It is automatically highlighted and selected by the up/down keys and that is when the MicroHD tries to tune the TP and a lag occurs. When I press List/OK it brings up the TP Search Screen.

It's not like the Channel List (brought up with List/OK) where you go up/down thru the channels and have to press List/OK before it will tune the highlighted channel.

Anyway, I don't seem to have a very large lag and it is not very noticeable to me but I have no switches, motor or anything at all to program. Perhaps that makes a difference.

DRCars

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)