MicroHD running, no menu

honkj

Original poster
Jul 9, 2012
colorado
when I plug the MicroHD in to AC, and then an HDMI cable in to TV, but do not connect a satellite coax yet, I still should be able to see a menu correct?

right now all i see is a black screen, remote turns MicroHD on and off, has green light in front, I checked the HDMI cable with another device, it seems correct... TV set to the proper input (HDMI)

should i see a menu?

when I plug the MicroHD in to AC, and then an HDMI cable in to TV, but do not connect a satellite coax yet, I still should be able to see a menu correct?

right now all i see is a black screen, remote turns MicroHD on and off, has green light in front, I checked the HDMI cable with another device, it seems correct... TV set to the proper input (HDMI)

should i see a menu?
Not if this is the original firmware. You'll probably need to connect to the yellow composite input to set video resolution to 1080i_60, for example, to get it to work. Then you want to immediately upgrade the firmware to July version in the firmware area. :)

Not if this is the original firmware. You'll probably need to connect to the yellow composite input to set video resolution to 1080i_60, for example, to get it to work. Then you want to immediately upgrade the firmware to July version in the firmware area. :)

ok thanks, that was it....

Last edited:
yeah there was a software that had a goofup so it defaulted to like 1080p

use the a/v cable to see the menus (that is hard coded to 480i) and change to something your TV can see (720p)....then load the newest software. That defaults to 720p

I have not ran across one that does that on a/v cables yet...I hope I never do. I mean my way around it is to drag it over to the computer and hook it up to the video capture card and set it for PAL, still would be slight pain.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)