GEOSATpro MicroHD, setup->TP list (always goes to first sat on list)

Cham

VE4GLS
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 19, 2008
Boonies
Think this has been discussed before, and not a major issue but maybe something that can be changed... It's a bit annoying if you have the first sat at say 30w and USALS, and you are watching 125w, and want to update or scan a transponder. The dish takes quite a tour back and fourth.
If you go to the antenna setup menu first and switch between TPs on that screen you can go back to the TP list and you will be on the right sat. Maybe there is a way it could be written into the firmware to display the last "watched" sat in the TP list when accessing that page directly so you can skip that one step.
Of course I learned quickly to disable the motor function on 30w so nothing happens if I forget and go straight to the TP list menu page first... :)

Just to make a very excellent receiver a bit more excellent!

-C.

The OP is right. When entering the TP menu the motorized dish setup always moves to the first satellite in your list of satellites. Normal characteristic. Annoying, but that's the way it is.

I have 6/26/2013 installed. I believe all s/w versions had the same issue, at least the ones I have installed.
Maybe I (we) missed an update that re-wrote something that later versions don't reach?

Cham is correct. In order for the current satellite to be selected in the TP List menu, one of the other 4 menus in the installation screen must be first opened.

The ability to stay on the current satellite was modified last fall in all but the TP List menu. There is no simple solution to add this function to the TP List menu.

Thank you Brian, as I said this is no big deal for me. Just thought to mention it if there was an easy fix.
-C.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts