GEOSATpro Brand new, green light, no video

sagaro

Original poster
Aug 20, 2013
Twin Cities
Hi

After connecting it the first time, there was no video Composite or HDMI and the power LED stayed green.

I went to the internet to research the problem and an hour later when I went back I got video -did nothing to fix it-.

I spent the first night scanning and setting satellites, the next day after work the receiver was again with no video and it has been like that for a week while I got my USB Cable.

The A/V is properly seated until it clicks.
I verified the HDMI Cable and TV
I briefly connected an old receiver and all is fine (Ku on diseqc 4/4, C on diseqc 1/4, motor is fine)
Having or not having the USB thumb drive connected with firmware does nothing.

Ali has Chip Type=M3601s in the ini file

I have flashed
a) GSPMHD_20130626.abs
b) GSPMHD_0.16_12062012.abs & userdb_20121103.udf.

Most times the Serial Port fails connecting but when it connects it flashes fine.
I don't connect power supply when flashing, the LED is green as soon as I plug the cable.
It bothers me that it says "Download to sdram(Default Database)" when I download file abs.

Nothing...
Although randomly I get a blink of red
And sometimes when I change from A/V to HDMI on the TV the unit blinks red.
And today I saw the background image once for 2 seconds before disappearing.

Any suggestions?
How much time does it take to boot?
What is a normal LED color sequence? (the USB led is always off).
What is the proper setting for Ali Setting/Download abs Settings?
Both or default or user?
What is the proper setting for Ali Setting/DB Size?

Am I missing something before I request an RMA again?.

I read about some "looping" problem but that wouldn't happen with the newest firmware would it?
And if it is looping, would I see a different sequence of LED lights? or maybe a background screen? or it would be fixed by flashing the udf file right?
Does your remote blink on any key press or does it pulse?

Last edited:
So many random questions for a reply from my phone, but here we go...

Was the unit boot looping when you ordered a TTL/USB convertor cable?

Where did you buy the TTL/USB convertor?

Not sure why you are loading so many different ways and files.Are you following the loading steps as outlined in the .abs and .udf thread?

Other than selecting the correct com port, there are no changes to be made to the editor/loader. If loading an .abs file the default database contains the satellite/transponder lists and does not have a user database attached.

If restoring from a boot loop, only install a .udf file. If upgrading firmware, install the .abs file. If updating the satellite/transponder list install a .udf file.

Always remove the power for a few seconds after loading an .abs or .udf file. Always perform a factory reset after loading an .abs file.

The boot LED sequence is green for 8 seconds, red for one second then green.

The USB LED will be green with recognized USB mounted and red when recording.

The RCU power led pulses in the new design, solid in the old version.

Do you currently see video output on either the AV port or the HDMI?

> Was the unit boot looping when you ordered a TTL/USB convertor cable?
From what I am learning yes.

I bought the cable from Mi chael Elect
I am loading different firmware versions and udf files because I never get any video.
Yes, I am following the instructions on the pdf file The settings say Legacy format 1.
I do wait until the download says OK.
I wait a few minutes after downloading abs or udf.
Thanks for explaining the abs file (firmware & default db).

> If restoring from a boot loop, only install a .udf file.
> If upgrading firmware, install the .abs file.
> If updating the satellite/transponder list install a .udf file.
Perfect, thanks.

> Always perform a factory reset after loading an .abs file.
How do I do a factory reset?
If you tell me to go to the settings menu, I don't see any video on A/V or HDMI, not even the logo or background or anything.
Does anybody know how to get to 1) the Factory Reset & 2) the Video Settings menu blindly?
As in POWER, MENU, ?, RIGHT, DOWN?, ENTER? etc/

> The boot LED sequence is green for 8 seconds, red for one second then green.
Progress.
Mine turns Green, and at 12 seconds it blips Red, two seconds later the A/V turns black (from blue)
The HDMI does nothing.
Then 60 seconds from the Red blink the A/V turns blue again and the cycle restarts.
So it must be looping.

> The USB LED will be green with recognized USB mounted and red when recording.

The USB LED never turns on on any color.
I didn't think it would be the Remote but thought of mentioning it.
I JP1'ed the remote and found it to be protocol NEC1 device 64 (if I remember correctly)

> Do you currently see video output on either the AV port or the HDMI?

Not a thing (99% of the time, only once have I seen the logo before it disappeared)
I downloaded the udf files recommended by the vendor and by the post and nothing it still loops.
1) userdb_20121103.udf
2) 1-139w_microHD_ChList_2122013.udf

I could believe the USB Cable is the culprit if the software does not verify a write to flash, does ALI verify a download?

Thanks for your help.
Any ideas?

Last edited:
Give us a call on Monday and we will RMA. You should always see the start-up screen appear on both outputs for at least a second even if the unit is boot looping.

If you never saw video from the beginning and the USB never registered a device, then I would suspect failed logic.

We will be happy to diagnose and repair/replace!

Thanks I will find out the info from my mother in law as it was a bday present. I will feed bad if it was something dumb but I see no star-up screen on either output A/V or HDMI Thanks again Have a nice weekend
(and the USB didn't register a plugged USB drive)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)