MicroKu option

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kymics

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 16, 2006
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I'm moving into FTA at a full-bore turtle pace. My old Bell dish has now been repointed to 110/119 for getting AngelOne, NASA and GolTV. I picked up a Pansat 3500SD last night but I have to flash it back to factory before I hook it up. I'm waiting for Spring to get a proper dish/motor (crappy weather is coming soon).

My question is about StarChoice dishes. I know that the 75cm dish with the quad LNB can be used to pull in two sats 4 degrees apart, but what about its baby brother, the 60cm? The official size rating on the dish is 24", but I believe it's 30" wide x 18" tall. Any possibility that it might work for Ku video?

My long term goal is to set up low-cost stationary systems for some of my Christian friends to get IA5/AMC4 (IA5 is my TSS) and I suspect that I can find these 60cm, SC dishes for decent prices. I have seen the 75's too, but they are almost twice as much.

You should be fine with a 60e. I have a DirecPC dish that is the same size (32x18) and it worked pretty good a few weekends ago with IA5, AMC4, IA8 and SBS6

I can get AMC4 (KUIL & 3ABN) with a 20" dish and a finely skewed KU LNB

Your local StarChoice installer for your area may have a few of the older oval dishes from upgrading people to the dual dish. Should be able to get then either free or very cheap.

Thanks guys. It would be far more interesting to have two linear satellites for the winter than the three channels I'm getting on 110/119.

I'm not sure about the Starchoice mount, but perhaps I can take down my Bell dish and use the existing pole to mount a SC 60e.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts