Microsoft declares war on its sister software now....

BobMurdoch

Playing XBoxOne SeriesX/Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 12, 2003
Brielle, NJ
OK, now they are turning on each other.....

I've had an MSN address forever as my personal email address. I also have a corporate email address, a yahoo address I keep for for some yahoo group email, and an old aol address that I use mostly as a spam catcher (if a site requires me to give an address, I give them this one)...

OK, to sort out this whole mess, I use Microsoft Outlook, which up until last Tuesday 7/22, had managed it all ably, by grabbing all of the email from all the services.

Somehow, the MSN mail stopped getting updated. I tried deleting the email account and reloading it, which works fine.... the first time. Then it won't update.

I'd prefer to not have to go to hotmail.com or another program as it doesn't archive things into folders neatly like Outlook does. It looks like Microsoft just decided to no longer support MAPI mail, but their own Outlook Connector keeps trying to set one up.

Anyone have a clue how to solve this? Other than the obvious snarky remarks about getting rid of MSN mail.... Too many people have this as my contact address, so it would be a pain to quit it cold turkey....

I got an e-mail from MS a few months ago that this is going to happen by the end of July.
Actually, you couldn't make a new hotmail address handled by Outlook/Express like this for a while (1 year?).
Now it's gone completely (in a few days).

Is there a reason you don't like gmail?

Diogen.

Have you tried Thunderbird as an email client?

Last edited:
I used the new beta and reloaded the MSN account as a "new" account to outlook. It loaded the first batch fine (but then so did the previous version). I'll see if it updates it during the day...

I'm just keeping the MSN account because I've had it for 13 years..... Too many people have that address for me.... Including ones I only converse with every year or so.....

We'll see how this one holds up.... although the new beta outlook connector still set it up as MAPI which I thought was going away.

OK, the new Outlook Connector still sets up a MAPI account for checking MSN mail, but this time it works. Whatever..... At least I can get my mail again. I REALLY didn't want to open another program just to check my MSN mail.....

Thanks for the help guys!

I am using “Windows Live mail” in which I can get my hotmail, Gmail and Bellsouth account.
I would log in and retrieve all the mail from these sources plusyou can add more accounts.

It’s a one place click to get everything all at once.:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)