Online versus store front

Van

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jul 8, 2004
Virginia Beach
Wich one do you preffer to go with? I normaly like store front because you can get it within an hour but the online prices have become so atractive that I am learning to become patient wich makes me wonder how places like fry's are going to survive over the next few years. Case in point, I can get an nvidia pcie card on the model lines of 8400 - 8600 for $45 - $69 after rebates yet the stores are selling them without the rebates for up to $109.

I've been saying that for several years... I see people talk about how great fry's is.. just about everything they sell I can get cheaper at newegg and don't have to pay sales tax, which is over 8% in my state.

And I would rather deal with an RMA with newegg than deal with the customer service desk at frys.

I will be honest, though, if it is something I need right away, I'll buy from both sources, in-store and online. Then when the online order arrives, I return it unopened to the brick and mortar store.

I just pretty much ended casual purchases from the local mom and pop because they cant match the prices at newegg or tigerdirect and the box stores have completely lost me software aside.

I buy almost entirely newegg. They may not always have the best price, but there RMA procedure is the best in the business. I'm willing to pay a little more to get great customer service (you listening Charlie???) However if it's something I need NOW, I will sometimes buy at bestbuy.com and pick it up at my store later that day (or if they're having a really great sale on something I'm going to buy anyways).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)