Ilya

XXI Century Explorer
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2004
NE OH
The annual Microsoft Developer's Conference Build 2015 opens next week!
Expect to hear new announcements and product details: HoloLens news, likely the New Surface Pro 4, further details about the upcoming Windows 10 release and much more!

I will be at the conference and will share my impressions. Feel free to ask any questions.

Not sure if I will get an opportunity to try the HoloLens, but that would be awesome!

Ilya

Reactions: Scott Greczkowski
The President of AMD stated to the press that Windows 10 will launch in July.
End of July sounds reasonable. I am pretty sure the official release date will be announced next Wednesday at Build during the Keynote starting at 8:30am PDT. ;)

I have received the updated agenda and the Conference App. Just like last year there will be two Keynotes: one on Wednesday and one on Thursday. Both starting at 8:30 AM Pacific. I expect most major announcements to be made on Wednesday. Thursday's Keynote will most likely be about Cloud computing, though you never know. I should have some more details on Tuesday when I arrive in San Francisco. Stay tuned!

Made it to San Francisco. The conference starts tomorrow!

I can try, though it will be hard to do from the conference floor.

ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1430321209.226621.jpg

Starts shortly!

Talking about Windows 10 now

ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1430328825.768315.jpg

Google and iOS apps can now be migrated to Windows 10! Wow!

Apple's Objective-C now in Visual Studio!

Microsoft Edge is the new browser ("Project Spartan")

They will be doing HoloLens demonstrations here at Build. I've signed up, but not confirmed yet. Too many people interested in that!

Yeah if they can get Android Apps over to WP that would be huge for WP.. :)
Now they can!

Well, you won't be able to run Android apps directly, but it will be much easier for software developers to port existing Android and iOS apps to Windows 10.

The main problem for cross-platform app development was that not only each platform had different APIs, but more importantly you had to use different programming languages: Java for Android, Objective-C for iOS and C# for Windows. And even though all three languages have a common ancestry (C language), they are very different. So if you have an app for one platform, you have to essentially re-write it from scratch for another.

What Microsoft has announced today is that developers will now be able to use any of these three programming languages for Windows Universal apps. And while support for Java has been rumored, Apple's Objective-C support comes as a big shocker!

Reactions: TheKrell
Another Keynote starts shortly. It will probably be pretty technical, but I will post if something interesting happens.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)