Microsoft (hotmail) account 4 digit recovery code but system requires a 5 digit one

DJdish

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Feb 20, 2010
Mexico City
Just yesterday my microsoft outlook (formerly hotmail) account requested me to enter a security or recovery code.
I followed the steps and received such code in a different email account, what I received was a 4 digit code, but when trying to enter it on my account, the system does not accept it, indicating it must be a 5 digit code.
I have googled about this issue, and found many people ranting about this and not finding a solution. I myself have been using this email account for almost 20 years without problems until now, The system is indicating me I have 5 days left to enter such code or I will be blocked.

Has anyone here had this problem and most importantly in such case what was the solution ?
I´ve sent a contact form to microsoft but I´m still waiting for some response (hopefully from a human being with a solution).

What? MicroSoft screw up? Say it ain't so!

I won't use MS or Gmail or similar email accounts. Well, for temporary use, maybe. Easy to use the ISP. And if you change ISPs, you could always just set up redirector so everyone sees your address as joe@sixpack.name or some such, and in seconds you can change the redirection from one ISP email account to another.

Why use Outlook, GMail, etc if you have an ISP account?

I'm looking forward to getting enough time to get back to my Linux Mint project.

Mint is running. I just don't have the time to set up Pascal and delve into an EHD and produce a listing.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)