Microsoft (MSFT) XBox To Be Damaged By Death Of HD DVD

I believe this quote is referring only to DVD movie playback, and not the games.

" Furthermore, Microsoft's HD games patch is really just a compatibility feature -- upscaling lower-resolution content does not make it Full HD (1080p), something that PS3 can do out of the box."

um... fail?

People bought the XBOX 360 as a video game. People bought the Wii as a video game. The PS2 still outsells the PS3 buy a lot (1.5 million).

I don't think that those looking for "good games" really give a crap about HD video. We do here, they don't.

I doubt MS will even be able to tell that anything happened as far as 360s go. They sold 300k out of how many millions of consoles?

I doubt MS will even be able to tell that anything happened as far as 360s go. They sold 300k out of how many millions of consoles?

True, But consider this, Those on the fence that already own 360s (as you said Millions sold) who are considering a PS3 for BD playback may purchase an add-on drive to save a few ducks.

Its just a thought.

The 360 has 2 year left till they release blu builtin the next Xbox version they don't need an addon right now.

I feel they do need an add on blu player as soon as possible. Bottom line here is that the 360 has sold a tremendous amount of units since it has been out. The trend currently is not in their favor as the PS3 has been gaining sales wise. I feel that if MS does not act swiftly here, it could drive people towards getting a PS3, who normally wouldn't have bought one. Like me. I have no need for a PS3 right now because my 360 and Wii satisfy all my gaming needs. But I do want a Blu player by the summer and right now the best deal out there is a PS3. The more people like me that are out there that buy a PS3 for the Blu player, the more game sales Sony will likely have. I think they must act now or it could swing Sony's way here. MS must keep as many people from buying a PS3 as they can. Waiting a long while to release a Blu player is not the way to do it.

If M/S released a built in blu-ray player in an xbox 360, there will be many un-happy campers.
And I doubt at this time MS can go back in time...its way too late to add the blu-ray player in an xbox 360..and its not going to sell well like the PS3 does..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)