Microsoft Surface Tablet Thread

I'm going to get at least one but I think I will wait and pick out the accessories at the Mall of America Microsoft Store.

Going to be interesting. Apple's store is directly across the corridor so I will be able to do a little crowd counting for both stores at the same time.

I am going to wait a while before even thinking about a surface tablet. Perhaps the PC based ones will be more interesting but RT based one seems awful limited at introduction. Essentially no apps or third party support for quite a while...

I am going to wait a while before even thinking about a surface tablet. Perhaps the PC based ones will be more interesting but RT based one seems awful limited at introduction. Essentially no apps or third party support for quite a while...

While I agree with you for the most part, but as limited as RT is, I'm not sure I'd be asking it to do any more than what I already use my iPad 2 for - email, web browsing, some note taking, occasional game or app but nothing im too attached to or irreplaceable (Bingo, Tapatalk, Splashtop) or isn't already available in the W8 App Store. That probably holds true for many people.

If I were using Airplay, had other iOS products (wife is dumping her iPhone next month), etc I'd be more invested and would use it for more certainly, but I don't, so I'm not.

I'm probably not on the market for a while, but it could renew my itch to try and move my HP Touchpad (nobody's touching it at $160 on Rumgr :() and consider putting up the iPad 2 to fund a RT purchase. If that effort lags into next year, then it would be toward a W8 pro then instead.

Not so concerned about the OS, support will be there, more concerned about the hardware, real world reviews and usage information.

Microsoft reveals pricing of its Surface RT Windows tablet, starts at $499

Most expert on the web stated that it is best to wait.

It maybe a great product or a crash machine.

Microsoft has allowed no one to play with the product hence the advice to wait for the hands on review.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The question is will it be an iPad or a TouchPad (i.e. major success or discontinued) or somewhere in between. Amazon demonstrated that content is king. Will MS be able to deliver to the Surface RT?

The Intel version is interesting since it of course will be able to run every PC app. A very ultra portable laptop as a fall back position.

The question is will it be an iPad or a TouchPad (i.e. major success or discontinued) or somewhere in between. Amazon demonstrated that content is king.

Exactly, it is all about content..;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)