Microsoft teases a classic Start Menu for Windows 8.1 with built-in Live Tiles

Nice of them to put hubcaps on the buggy.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I use desktop most of the time too, until I can't find something. I will be very happy to have a functional start button again! The update is available today for some but for everyone by April 8. I'm looking forward to it! :D

In reference to the second link:

In view of the stunning lack of commercial success they've had with their mobile and cloud products, I'm astonished that they've decided to focus on development of those platforms first -- somehow hoping that the innovation will trickle down to their mainstream products. As devices come closer to the power and functionality of computers, you might well think the opposite would be the appropriate approach.

Then again, the more resources you give them, the more they will waste.

It looked pretty good in the presentation.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Windowed 8.0 apps too!

I have had no real issues using windows 8/8.1 with my 3rd party start button. I will have to see what the update brings, maybe I will be able to skip the 3rd party program.

What mentioned above is not included with the yesterday's update. It's a preview of things coming down the road.

The Start button in Windows 8.1, plus the now Updated Start screen work fine for me. I do not use third-party Start button. I simply pin my most used programs to the Start bar and use right-click to view the list of recently opened files. That's all I really need. Other common things, like the Mobility Center, the Control Panel, etc. can be easily accessed through right-clicking the Start Button. So I don't have to use the Start Screen too often. Windows 8.1 can boot to Desktop, and the yesterday's Update makes that the automatic default setting for computers without touch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts