Microsoft to acquire Logitech?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

IcEWoLF

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 31, 2006
Nevada
Logitech, the master of peripherals/accessories, have had their share prices reach new heights after rumours of a possible takeover bid from Microsoft, as reported by Reuters. At the moment, Logitech is valued at about $6.3 billion USD, and are currently at a huge advantage over Microsoft in terms of PC mice.
Therefore, a takeover would allow Microsoft to become quite big in the competitive peripheral scene, battling Razer and SteelSeries for shelf space. Such a takeover would give Microsoft/Logitech a huge advantage in the scene, as Razer and SteelSeries are both having difficulties trying to get PC Gamer's attention.

Logitech up on Microsoft bid talk, analysts wary

Logitech up on Microsoft bid talk, analysts wary | Industries | Technology, Media & Telecommunications | Reuters

I think Microsoft makes good stuff, I use Vista and it works for me, but sometimes Microsoft reminds me of the old Star Trek episode with the "planet eater" that just roamed the galaxy eating up planets.

Look out! Here it comes! :D

would it really be that bad? I don't know, but it isn't like Microsoft and Logitech haven't worked together on lots of different stuff, so can't see it being horrible, but again, don't know...

I'd hate to see MS take over yet another company, especially Logitech. It can't be good for consumers.

LOgitech makes really good product - and made some smart acquisitions themselves. I have to wonder if the FTC would allow this as this would create a virtual monopoly in the mouse and keyboard market.

Cheers,

Before anyone says something; I'm fully aware that Logitech makes other things including the kick-ass harmony remote family and squeezebox :D
...and only because Logitech bought those companies... I'd hate to think my SliMP3 would die because M$ was now at the helm.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts