Microsoft to offer free upgrade to Windows 7 for Vista users

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Isn't Windows 7 just Vista 2.0 with a friendlier name slapped on it?

I understand that it was built off of the Vista platform, not Windows XP. Significant enhancements to Vista 1.0 for sure. But if Vista had been successful, isn't it likely that this next OS would be Vista 2.0?

So it looks like if you build your own PC & install Vista Business, you're out of luck with this upgrade program. Does anybody read this any differently?

Looks to me like they are only offering this for those that is purchasing a computer within a specified time period which would be around a one month's time frame. I don't think this will apply to most people. I downgraded to XP anyways due to it using less memory and more compatabilities.

Well, if they're not going to offer me a free or reduced-price upgrade from XP Pro, I'll just keep what I have and won't buy a new computer at all! :rolleyes:

They most likely will have upgrades you can get that will not cost as much. But yes everyone will have to upgrade at some point time. This is nothing new people its always been that way.

Except now almost everyone, including Microsoft, is receptive to the idea of a totally different operating system. This pimpmobile has far too many hood ornaments, too many attachments welded on, too many loose wires hanging out.

Time for a blank sheet of paper, with NO backward compatibility.

I'm having problems with my PC, probably hardware related, so it looks like I'm going to have to replace it Real Soon Now. Hard to believe it's six years old, as of today!

So I'm going to have to take my chances with Vista, SP2 or not. I really hoped to wait for 7.

I'm throwing in the towel, and replacing my machine ASAP. Too many BSODs, too many self reboots. Started another thread on it. I'll get Vista to talk to my printer if I have to use a sledge!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)