Microsoft’s Embarrassing Change To Windows 8

I use Windows 8 64bit on my Desktop with a mouse and keyboard no touch screen and it works fine. All my games run and I have had zero problems with it-- my 2 sons run Windows 8 32bit one did not like the new start so he uses Classic Shell to get the Start button back and bypass the Metro screen all together. I upgraded from Windows Vista and Windows 8 is far superior in my opinion. At first it felt strange without the start button but now I do not even miss it.

I just can't get used to the new GUI. I decided to revert back to W7 for now myself.

Would it not have been easier (and better) to just use one of the start button mods? That way you get your w7 look and functionality plus the OS improvements that come with W8. Or were you having other issues besides the GUI?

Would it not have been easier (and better) to just use one of the start button mods? That way you get your w7 look and functionality plus the OS improvements that come with W8. Or were you having other issues besides the GUI?

The GUI is the whole point. You "get used to it" over time, but IMO, they went too far with the changes to the interface.

The "blue" version is reported to be bringing back the start button functionality which will make many people happier. I do like the speed up at boot, but i don't see huge differences during operation. Besides if you give to my corporate IT staff they can slow it down in no time at all ;)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2.x

I hope they bring back the start button, because here where I work we will not go to it without it. I don't want to teach 500 of these people how to use it.

I can see a lot of people skipping the upgrade to Windows 8 and waiting to see what comes in Windows 9. Perhaps it will be based upon a Google Glass type of device by that point.

I can see a lot of people skipping the upgrade to Windows 8 and waiting to see what comes in Windows 9. Perhaps it will be based upon a Google Glass type of device by that point.
Perhaps organizations will find out that the people that get work done use keyboards and they'll skip the whole "coddle the morons" thing.

The only PC that has Win8 in my house is one that was given to my teen daughter for xmas from the in-laws.

She prob has turned it "on" once or twice if that.

Prob format it and turn it into a Hackintosh as the MB is a compatible one that should load 10.8.3 :D

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

This is my first day with windows 8 Pro. Bought a Surface Pro yesterday. Everything seems fine except internet explorer which crashes every time I try to open it. Makes for internet surfing difficult. I use Firefox on other computers anyway, so I downloaded the latest to a thumb drive from my desktop and installed it on the Surface Pro. Seems to be working fine. Syncs my bookmarks, etc.

I think I may need to buy a portable USB BluRay drive for this.

Already, I can see this will do so much more than my ipad when it comes to stuff not compatible like flash. I'm now able to review 3D video with anaglyph that the ipad was not capable of.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts