Microsoft's next OS is Windows 10

Looks pretty good so far! This is what Windows 8 should have been.

SwzyrOX.png

Yep running it here also, liking it so far. Very fast and smooth for this early in the game.

I doubt MS will ever be the dominant player again. Even if they come up with a GREAT OS for PCs, that market has shrunk and they'll screw it up with the subscription model.

I'll buy a desktop OS -ONCE- but I'll never pay an annual usage fee. Not for an OS, not for word processing, not for ANY app/program. I'll keep what I have, or move further into Mint Linux.

Reactions: kittyhas1000legs
I am installing Windows 10 now. Will give it a try later today.

We have been using Linux almost exclusively for a few years now and are very pleased with it. I did retain Windows 7 on a dual boot machine for a few games and some programs I haven't found an alternative to yet but no chance I'm going back to Windows on a regular basis.:rolleyes:

I've got 10 running on some old hardware, ie, Asus P5Q Pro with a 3.16GBz Xeon Quad and 8GB of ram and it seems to be OK except for a missing driver for my 3D video card. I doubt seriously if ATI is going to update drivers for this Radeon 1650 in 10. I wanted to see if Unreal Tournament would run on it but without 3D drivers it's a "no go".

The addition of the start menu is a step in the right direction and begs the question of why they didn't do that with 8? I guess the fact that their sales of 8 were off 66% in the first year told them in a language they could understand, ie, money lost!

Ennywho, this Enterprise Preview version has all kinds of crap that is feeding info back to M$ built in that you CANNOT disable so be advised that whatever you have on your computer is subject to them seeing it. They even have it so you can't turn off the automatic update feature also.

The preview is good until April 15th, 2015 so I'll keep it loaded on this spare drive so I can play with it some.

Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)