Middle Eastern Iowa Voomers

bdcrow00

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 23, 2004
Please post experience here.

One happy Voomer in Marion - a few blocks SE of the square. Don't quite lock on WB - are they xmitting any HD? If so, I could probably tweak it in (everything else comes in great).

Brian

IPTV program guide now shown by VOOM. I just noticed this Friday. Cool, for as long as it lasts...

Brian

I think this is where I belong.

I live in Gladbrook, just north east of Marshalltown, so I think I qualify. My experience with VOOM is varied. The first installer, back in May was awesome, but he informed me I needed a better OTA, and the guys they sent to do that (finally in July) were absolute idiots that I wouldn't let feed my dog. They had a bad OTA antenna that wouldn't work at all, but they figured the problem was having the signal from the satelite dish on the same line, so they ran another line through my wall, only to finally discover once and for all that it was a bad "new" OTA antenna. Then, when I requested they come back out with another better OTA, VOOM refused to authorize it, because their map said I shouldn't get any OTA, so I've still got the original antenna. The only good thing those idiots did was aim it a little better, so I can get Fox & NBC from Des Moines, and everything else from Cedar Rapids/Waterloo. Ultimately I think the OTA is the only reason I'm still with Voom right now, though I do love Equator, and some of the movies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)