Middle Tennessee Voomers

Lem52

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 18, 2004
Cookeville, TN
Anybody from the Middle Tennessee area have Voom and getting Nashville area stations, OTA? What model/brand of OTA antenna are you using? I live in Cookeville, so I am a good distance away from Nashville.

Lem52

Im in Crossville

I live in Crossville. My voom guide shows Knoxville and Chattanooga for OTA for me. Some 50 miles from Chatt and 60 from Knox. :( I know that I will need a bigger antenna and pre-amp. I didnt even try to pick them up with the stealth antenna. Let me know how it goes for you.

Well, I couldn't get anything digital by using an outside antenna. I tried the Channel Master 4228 with a Winegard 28db amp and saw 1 little flicker of Channel 4 in Nashville. I never was able to get it again. Its just to far and besides that most are low watt stations with the digital. So not enough power.

The antenna worked well on UHF analog stations late at night, but I don't need them since I have cable.

Lem52

Tennessee!!! Voom?????

Any Body In Here Have Voom Or Looking To Get Voom In Middle Tennessee?
Thanks,
Bobby

I heard Radio Shack has a 190 mile HD antenna. I might look into. Maybe you should to Lem52.

I got VoOm today in Chattanooga, seTN. I live in the first floor of a three story apartment on the top of a ridge in Red Bank. The installer was in a hurry at first and wanted to put the dish on my patio. I insisted that he put it on the roof for the reception of the OTA. I thought that the antenna was big and was separate from the dish. I just get a signal of around 50 on the dish. I pick up digital locals of 9, 12 and 45(with pixels rarely). 3 comes in but has a lot of pixelation and fades out a lot. Its strange I can partially get it when the orientation is 3 deg. and 9 is 0 deg.. There also the same distance from me. I can't get 61 at all and didn't expect to from the posts I have read. I hope my dish signal goes up when I get the software upgrade otherwise I'll be having bad rain fade. Overall I am happy so far. So much HD, I need a DVR next. ;)-

Nashville Installers

I tried to have a dish installed this week in Nashville. The installer told me he didn't want to climb on my roof because he didn't have health insurance.
Can anyone recommend a good installer?????
Thanks

I just got VOOM installed today. I live in Nashville area, and used Communication Concepts, 615-405-3047. While over the phone they seemed a little disorganized, my installer, Steve, was efficient, knowledgable, and terrific. He was a real pro. If you are in the Nashville area, I would strongly recommend him.

Tennessee Jed said:
I tried to have a dish installed this week in Nashville. The installer told me he didn't want to climb on my roof because he didn't have health insurance.
Can anyone recommend a good installer?????
Thanks

Wow, a satellite installer that won't go on the roof. That's a new one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)