Mike Brown has been fired as the LA Lakers coach..

They need more help than just a new head coach, although I thought them hiring him in the first place was a stupid idea.

Phil Jackson is back!!!!!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

good lord I turn on Sportscenter today (god knows why....I guess nothing else on) and they are getting "comment" from whats his name...Stevie the A-Hole Smith or something?

Good god he is annoying as hell ranting and yelling like HE just got fired. Thank goodness I dont watch the NBA sans a few Wolves games because I know he is on talking about the NBA and I'd shoot myself if I had to listen to him for more than 30 seconds.

man what a mess. did mike brown get a fair chance at this??? geez. having said that i think mr. sloan would be an excellent choice.

Sloan did great for the Jazz with many seasons of average to below average talent.Might be a great choice for them.That said Lakers still suck!:D

Rey, Salsa, you lived through this when Spoelstra got off to a shaky start in the first year of LeBron in Miami.

How is it that he got through a VERY shaky situation (remember Shouldergate?) yet Brown couldn't?

Easy answer would be that Riley runs things and he knew how good spo is/was while most outside of the organization doubted including myself. This firing so early in the season tells me the laker organization never really had faith in this hiring. Since I don't live in LA I have no idea if the fans were calling for mikes head but I can tell you that was the case here at one point in Miami with spo. If management doesn't have your back well you're screwed.

good lord I turn on Sportscenter today (god knows why....I guess nothing else on) and they are getting "comment" from whats his name...Stevie the A-Hole Smith or something?

Good god he is annoying as hell ranting and yelling like HE just got fired.
Thank goodness I dont watch the NBA sans a few Wolves games because I know he is on talking about the NBA and I'd shoot myself if I had to listen to him for more than 30 seconds.

For some reason, he thinks we'll listen when he shouts. :rolleyes:

This is not Lakers of the past. There is identity on this team. They are clueless offensively. They even brought in a bunch of new coaches to install a 'Princeton like offense' ??!!! WTF??!! With Kobe, Howard, Nash and Gasol??!!

Totally clueless. If you didn't like Brown to start the season, why didn't you fire him BEFORE the season started?

Now comes word the D'Antoni and Jackson are the frontrunners?! One would be crazy to comeback and the other is clueless on the defensive side....

This is not Lakers of the past. There is identity on this team. They are clueless offensively. They even brought in a bunch of new coaches to install a 'Princeton like offense' ??!!! WTF??!! With Kobe, Howard, Nash and Gasol??!!

Totally clueless. If you didn't like Brown to start the season, why didn't you fire him BEFORE the season started?

Now comes word the D'Antoni and Jackson are the frontrunners?! One would be crazy to comeback and the other is clueless on the defensive side....

They had to KNOW what offense he was running, the question is "Why did they hire him in the FIRST Place ?"

Totally clueless. If you didn't like Brown to start the season, why didn't you fire him BEFORE the season started?....

I vaguely remember when some hockey team opened the season with one loss and one tie and fired its manager and general manager. Was that the Rangers?

Paul Westhead got fired by the Lakers when he began the season by going five and five, but there were other forces at play there. Having Norm Nixon and Magic Johnson alternate at point guard was worse than having Roger Staubach and Craig Morton alternate at quarterback.

The Lakers began this seaaon 1-4. Meanwhile, the Celtics are 2-3, but the two wins were against last year's last place finisher, the Washington Wizards, who were missing their only two good players (Wall and Nene) and needed the assistance of getting 27 more free throws than the Wizards to be able to beat them in overtime. I wonder what the Celtics will do if, by mid season, the acquisitions have shown themselves to be incapable of mastering Doc River's complex defensive switching schemes.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts