Milwauke Locals in HD??

family guy

Original poster
Apr 10, 2008
New to the forum but have been viewing for several weeks. Confused about the new locals in HD that E is offering in the Milwaukee area. After it was announced I waited a day and checked the guide. Nothing new showed up that would indicate locals in HD. Sent E an email yesterday asking about 1) are they available?
2) will I need an additional dish to receive them? 3) what happened to CBs and PBS?

After sending the email I also logged on to their chat site and asked the same questions. The primary response of concern was that I would absolutetly need another dish mounted on my roof to receive any locals in HD. I responded with dissatisfaction and advised that I currently receive ALL locals in crystal clear HD OTA.

Now, I have received a response to my intial email. Here's what they had to say:

Thank you for your email. After researching your account I found that your dish should be able to get the following local channels for HD.

. WISN ABC, CH 12 or CH 5200
. WITI FOX, CH 6 or CH 5203
. WTMJ NBC, CH 4 or CH 5202
I suggest you try CH 4, CH 6, and CH 12 to see whether you can get it in HD format. If not, please contact our customer service at 1-800-333-3474 for technical support to trouble shoot the HD issue because technical issue can not be resolved via email. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Specific information regarding your request for HD CBS and HD PBS are not currently available. We would like to add that channel, to make viewers like you happy, but we do not know if or when this will happen. We will gladly forward your request to our Programming Department for further consideration.

As of last night there was nothing in prime time that was showing up in HD other than my OTA. To top it off I received a voicemail from E advising that HD locals are now available in my area.

I am posting this not because I am upset but because I am confused. All this different feedback within a 24 hour period? I am already getting my locals in HD and am primarily interested in getting more National HD channels. I've got E's 722 HD DVR and love it. I'd love it even more if I could somehow get my OTA up to my SD TV so that I could drop the locals from my Dish account. Oh well.

I've read a lot of discontent with E over the past few weeks and can somewhat agree. Still, I switched to E about 8 months ago from the local TWC and have never been happier with my options. SE Wisconsin has experienced the 2nd worst winter in history this past season. Numerous snow storms equating to several feet. Our Dish lost service only once, for a very short amount of time. The clairty has been great and the service blows TWC out of the water!!!

I'm a HUGE BSG fan and would love to see this final season in HD. I'm anxious but know that it's on its way; along with many other channels. I'm hoping that May 1st date that's been tossed around is a good indication of what's to come.

1. Yes, I think they are available.
2. You may need a second dish as the new HD was added to 61.5. You did not state your setup so you may have 129.
3. Dish has only been adding the Big Four networks. There is no current plan in place for the balance of the HD channels in most areas. If you want all your local HD you must add OTA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts