Milwaukee Brewers playoff rally on Fox Sports WI - will it be on Dish?

brewtownska

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 8, 2009
SE Wisconsin
Hopefully one of the DIRT members has the inside scoop to see if Dish will be turning on Fox Sports WI for the Milwaukee Brewers playoff rally tonight from 5-6pm Central. All the advertising around Milwaukee says it's being carried on the radio and Fox Sports WI, but since Dish doesn't carry that channel full-time, I don't see anything in the guide. I checked both the "Where's my game" and the channel guide online, but nothing is shown in the normal block of channels we see the games (usually 441 thru 453). I'd really like to know which channel it will be on so I can DVR it. I don't expect to be home at that time to be looking for it.

Mike

interesting.....I checked the Directv guide and it is going to be shown in SD only (not HD) :(
But since it is a game time only channel I doubt Dish will carry it

Thanks Iceberg for the replies. I also posted a similar question on the Milwaukee Journal website, so maybe the local sports writer will have a contact to ask. If I get an answer, I'll definitely post it back here as well...there must be others out there like me with Dish wanting to see this. Of course it's raining today, so may not be much to see if the weather stays bad (though they say it's happening rain or shine).

I know Dish has been notorious for not carrying items like that on the "part time" RSN's and only carries games
DO they even carry the pre-game?

I know Dish has been notorious for not carrying items like that on the "part time" RSN's and only carries games
DO they even carry the pre-game?
I think that he needs to get the sports package.
When I had that package I got the Wings pregame broadcasts and the weekly Wings stuff.
I think that the sports package is $7.00 and includes the NFL RED Zone

But he is in Wisconsin so he doesnt need the sports pack to see his RSN

Both MN and WI get FS North (436) and FS Wisco (alternate channels) as the RSN. In MN we can see the Badger hockey games and in WI they can see the Wild games and the other FSN programming. They are blacked out of Twins/Wolves games

But since FS Wisco is a part time channel I didnt think they showed the pre-game stuff. Directv does have the pre-game stuff

Yes, normal baseball games on FSN WI have the pre-game for about 30 minutes and they usually stick with the channel for a good 30 minutes AFTER the game. I have Dish America Silver, so the RSN channels are included. Ice is exactly right about which games I can/cannot see related to WI/MN on FSN North and the part-time FNN WI feeds.
At this point, I either need to find a way to get home in time to watch live (if it is actually enabled on one of the channels), or watch it on our local news' website (I didn't know they were going to stream it when I started this thread).

But he is in Wisconsin so he doesnt need the sports pack to see his RSN

Both MN and WI get FS North (436) and FS Wisco (alternate channels) as the RSN. In MN we can see the Badger hockey games and in WI they can see the Wild games and the other FSN programming. They are blacked out of Twins/Wolves games

But since FS Wisco is a part time channel I didnt think they showed the pre-game stuff. Directv does have the pre-game stuff

I'm in Wisconsin, but i'd get FS North and Comcast Chicago, and the Brewers games will be on, but you have to search the alternates for them. I'm not even sure if they always show up in the guide as, I seem to recall, just kind of stumbling across their games at times. So maybe the same thing here?

I didn't get in home in time to look for it on Dish, so had to watch it online via the local news site. For some reason I couldn't get audio with the feed, so I turned on the radio for audio. There was a 7-8 second delay to the radio audio, so tough to watch, but better than nothing.

Thanks for looking into it though!

I didn't get in home in time to look for it on Dish, so had to watch it online via the local news site. For some reason I couldn't get audio with the feed, so I turned on the radio for audio. There was a 7-8 second delay to the radio audio, so tough to watch, but better than nothing.

Thanks for looking into it though!

I saw it listed, I think it was on one of the ALT sports channels, I would always look there first for something like this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)