WSBK HD

panache70

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 17, 2010
Western Hemisphere
I am in the same spotbeam as NYC so when I select WWOR as a Superstation on it's own for 2$, I actually get the HD version.

I noticed that Boston is also in a spotbeam that covers where I am (New Hampshire).

If I order WSBK for 2$, will I also be able to get this channel in HD?

no. The WWOR is a glitch right now and technically is only available in the NY market....but for some reason anyone on the spotbeam can get it

iceberg, that was so darn fast... almost like you were responding as I was asking the question.

So the glitch does not exist for WSBK? I think the Boston spotbeam covers NH...

iceberg, that was so darn fast... almost like you were responding as I was asking the question.
I just happened to see the post ;)

So the glitch does not exist for WSBK? I think the Boston spotbeam covers NH...
honestly if the glitch existed there would be threads on it. The only threads I've seen were in regards to WWOR.

There are no carriage contracts for superstations. The Canadian companies have chosen to carry WSBK in HD DISH has not chosen to do so.

So how the heck does Canada get WSBK in HD... ??? If I lived in Boston I would be PO'd ... LOL

Canada has totally different rules when it comes to US Nets
-both sat providers there carry the local version of WGN9 (and not WGN America)
-both sat providers and lots of cable companies in Canada carry WPCH (Peachtree TV) and not TBS (they cant carry TBS)
-on both sat providers you get a set of US nets in HD...sometimes 2. When I had Shaw I had 4 sets of nets. Buffalo and Spokane in SD, Seattle & Detroit in HD (they've dropped the Buffalo ones).

Interestingly enough neither provider (Dish nor Directv) carry WSBK In HD

What Iceberg says is correct. I have been enjoying WSBK in HD off of Bell for a while now, same with KTLA HD, WPIX HD and WGN9 HD(keep in mind the latter 3 show mostly the same shows during prime time). I might give Peachtree a try if Bell ever gets there HD feed, until then I will stick with TBS HD off of D*. I just phoned Dish the otherday to inquire about a "possible" move over to them and im sure the rep said all the superstaions are offered in HD.

I just phoned Dish the otherday to inquire about a "possible" move over to them and im sure the rep said all the superstaions are offered in HD.
they're wrong. The Supers are only available in HD in the local market (well WWOR is the exception)

Ice, I have WWOR Ala-Carte and I am not getting WWOR in HD, if I understand what you are saying correctly you can now get it in HD outside of the local market?

You would only get WWOR HD if you are an an area covered by the spotbeam that carries WWOR HD. My guess Nashville, TN is out of the spotbeam range :)

I'm in southeastern Ohio and never noticed the HD version of WWOR on my channel list but I really stopped watching the channel when Smackdown moved to SYFY.

I'm in southeastern Ohio and never noticed the HD version of WWOR on my channel list but I really stopped watching the channel when Smackdown moved to SYFY.

Try channel 6307. It should be there but if you are out of the spotbeam range there will be no signal.

As Iceberg said, Dish only offers WBZ (CBS), WHDH (NBC), WCVB (ABC), and WFXT (FOX) in HD to the Boston market. The NH ABC station (WMUR), all the PBS Stations in the market, WSBK (MNTV) and WBIN (former- MNTV), Spanish stations (WUNI, WTUF, WNEU), and the small stations have never been available in HD on Dish. You need OTA, and a very powerful Pre-Amp to get WSBK in HD on Dish in NH.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts